Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The hard part..........

I've had to put down three retrievers, and it's always gut wrenching. Sorry for your loss.
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

Heartbreaking buddy! Most of us have been there before and can totally relate

Words can’t describe how bad it hurt me seeing Diesel go from the energetic, hard working companion that he was to the state he ended up in. Cherish every moment you had with him and be thankful for those memories you had together.

Rest In Peace little buddy. You were one of the good ones Diesel.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

I have seen this post hovering around the top for awhile and just read it, sorry brother, very sorry.
    Genesis 9;2

hate to hear it sorry for your loss

It's been a year and not a day goes by that I don't think of you and miss you everyday. I hope you're retrieving to your heart's content.

6A6B5B1C-F6B4-4C13-87EB-6EB5539490C7.jpg

C42B3CE0-E03B-4BD9-96FF-B9EDF99213A5.jpg
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Sorry for your loss chuck. That's tough
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Sorry man I couldn't read past the first sentence cause I knew what was coming. I'll read it at a later time.
    Sorry for your loss.

Tough to read. Sorry for your loss

Been a tough year without my buddy that's for sure.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

No words for this. But, in great Hope's, there will be another. I'd be looking. Call Rhett and take your time. God bless you for being the owner of such a good dog.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Sucks. It'll be a year in April since we lost our yellow lab. He was a good one.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I am sorry for your loss.

Kelsey has been gone five years, I still think of her a lot. Sorry ol boy!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Time and distance will ease the pain of loosing a dog somewhat but you'll never forget a good dog. My first, a black lab that passed in 1992 still brings a smile to my face when I think of her. You'll know when it's time for another dog.

So sorry

I must have missed this one when it was posted last year. Dang Chuck. Sorry for your loss. Very tough to read. Hope y’all are doing better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too somehow missed this one. Hang in there Charlie.

Any thoughts on getting a new furry family member? When I had to make that tough call to put my chocolate down back in 2009 I spent almost 10 years without a retriever. I just now got back in the game when I took Chief in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I too somehow missed this one. Hang in there Charlie.

Any thoughts on getting a new furry family member? When I had to make that tough call to put my chocolate down back in 2009 I spent almost 10 years without a retriever. I just now got back in the game when I took Chief in.

When diesel first started getting sick back last June the wife thought he was just lonely and needed another companion. She bought a female black lab from Rhett so we have another dog but it isn't what I was wanting. Lola is a good dog but just haven't been able to dedicate the time and resources to get her trained. I'll get another dog eventually to run birds with and be my running buddy, just not sure when

I hear ya. You'll find the right time.

Dang near 10 years was a LONG time to be without a retriever. When you get used to having a dog pick up your birds it's hard going back to hunting alone and doing without.

I dealt with it in my own way, and I still miss him like hell, but I was preoccupied with life, finishing school, going on active duty with the military, then kids came along... It took a while to get to where I was ready to begin the search for the right dog and have the time to train him up.

I was supposed to take ole Chief in a year ago but some things just didn't allow for it. I just finally got him a little over a month ago. He'll be ready by next dove season. Looking forward to getting him ready. He's a wonderful animal.

It all works out just be patient.

Last edited by willyworm; 02-17-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft