Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOUBLE DEUCES

Default DOUBLE DEUCES

Hammered them this morning. This picture of me and my old man is going in a frame and on the wall
    image.jpg
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Great hunt man. That's definitely frame worthy. My pm's are good now.

good pic. You all messed them up
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Doing work on some limb rats. I hear ya.

So I gotta know. What's the go to squirrel recipe. Got a nephew dying to go and I explained to him I'll take him is he's willing to clean and eat the kill. And I've never cooked squirrel before.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post

So I gotta know. What's the go to squirrel recipe. Got a nephew dying to go and I explained to him I'll take him is he's willing to clean and eat the kill. And I've never cooked squirrel before.

Don't eat the brains. My MIL told me a story about how they used to boil em and eat the brains.

I have no idea if it's related but it's not worth the risk. She's crazy as hell.

Btw squirrel and dumplings are legit.

And great pic DC of you and your dad. I have a photo album that is full of pics of dead stuff with me, me and my dad, and my kids. One day I hope one of them will build on it and add more pics.

ETA:. Just don't put the one of you all holding up double deuces. Don't want the grandkids to think you were gay.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 02-17-2018 at 09:40 PM.

nice haul,

willyworm: dumplings, perlo or stew, cant go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post

Look up some YouTube videos on skinning them by cutting and stepping on the tail, it's a pretty easy way. A headshot squirrel is also much easier to clean. Just keep what's below the ribcage. There ain't enough meat above to fool with. Before you cook them any kind of way soak them in saltwater over night.

Basically your going to have the back and legs, they're perfect for frying and making gravy.
    A stew in the crockpot is easy, add some rice, kielbasa sausage, potatoes and anything else you might like.
    Here lately I've enjoyed wrapping in bacon and smoking them. The bacon doesn't get real crisp in the smoker so I just pull it off and eat them like chicken wings. Put a little meat tenderizer on them for a few hours first and then sprinkle some smokehouse maple run on them before smoking. 1hr at 250 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    And great pic DC of you and your dad. I have a photo album that is full of pics of dead stuff with me, me and my dad, and my kids. One day I hope one of them will build on it and add more pics.

ETA:. Just don't put the one of you all holding up double deuces. Don't want the grandkids to think you were gay.
    I assure you that was all Dhalls idea.

I've got a photo album as well ( I need to get busy and update it). I also write down all my hunts in a leather notebook that stays in my gunsafe. Dad and I hunted together yesterday afternoon for an hour before dark and killed a couple. I told him as we were leaving the woods "one of these days were going to kill 20 in a single hunt". I had no clue it would be the very next morning and to top it off today is my birthday so needless to say it was kind of a special hunt
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 02-17-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Look up some YouTube videos on skinning them by cutting and stepping on the tail, it's a pretty easy way. A headshot squirrel is also much easier to clean. Just keep what's below the ribcage. There ain't enough meat above to fool with. Before you cook them any kind of way soak them in saltwater over night.

Basically your going to have the back and legs, they're perfect for frying and making gravy.
    A stew in the crockpot is easy, add some rice, kielbasa sausage, potatoes and anything else you might like.
    Here lately I've enjoyed wrapping in bacon and smoking them. The bacon doesn't get real crisp in the smoker so I just pull it off and eat them like chicken wings. Put a little meat tenderizer on them for a few hours first and then sprinkle some smokehouse maple run on them before smoking. 1hr at 250 degrees

I assure you that was all Dhalls idea.

I've got a photo album as well ( I need to get busy and update it). I also write down all my hunts in a leather notebook that stays in my gunsafe. Dad and I hunted together yesterday afternoon for an hour before dark and killed a couple. I told him as we were leaving the woods "one of these days were going to kill 20 in a single hunt". I had no clue it would be the very next morning and to top it off today is my birthday so needless to say it was kind of a special hunt
    Happy Birthday!

And go ahead and include the pic. Just blame it on crazy Uncle Doug. We all have one of those uncle's.

Congrats on a good hunt, I know you are proud of that tree dog.

Happy Birthday. Great hunt you fellas had and the pictures are great too. Especially like the one of you and your Dad.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Congrats on a good hunt, I know you are proud of that tree dog.
    Yes sir, I'm real proud of him. This afternoon he sent another 15 to that big oak holler in the sky

That’s a great hunt you both will always remember. Cleaning 22 would be a chore.

Y’all stayed em. BJ

Y’all got after them for sure
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I hear you, DC. Looks like y'all flat get after it. Well done as usual, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I hear you, DC. Looks like y'all flat get after it. Well done as usual, sir.
    Thanks, we try not to cut them any slack.
    18 more this morning

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Good killing DC!!! Y'all smacked'em good.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Don't eat the brains. My MIL told me a story about how they used to boil em and eat the brains.

I have no idea if it's related but it's not worth the risk. She's crazy as hell.

Btw squirrel and dumplings are legit.
    My grandpa always ate the brains. They was his favorite part. When he skint them he would skin'em down to the nose. Grandma would boil all the heads in a big pot and then serve'em to grandpa in a big bowl. He would hold them skull up in the palm of his hand and hit the top of the skull with a big spoon to crack it. Then he would use the flat handle on the spoon to pry the skull open and scoop the brains out in the spoon. A little pepper and down they went. I tried'em a few times and really tried to like them but to me they tasted like metal, copper to be exact. Like sucking on a penny. Now I love brains and eggs and could eat them every day. But squirrel brains is an acquired taste I reck'n.

Your ma-in-law probably went crazy when you married her daughter.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 02-21-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."