Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McMaster vs Smith? Ducktape?

Catherine Templeton is worth looking at. I like her politics. I like her passion. I'll admit that I hate she is in politics, but I'll definitely consider her when the time comes.

James and his family are all friends of mine and attend my church. I'll readily admit I'd probably enjoy him and his family at my dinner table over Catherine....however, politics is politics and I know where James will vote.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I heard a portion of an interview with Mrs. Templeton on the radio this morning. I was impressed. I still have more research to do on the candidates before I make a voting decision. Mr. McMaster has chosen not to make any time for a similar interview on the same station. That is telling to me.

Forget what Ive asked. I see Mr Smith has called for a ban on "assault weapons."
    Last edited by rp; 02-21-2018 at 08:51 PM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Forfet what ive asked. I see Mr Smith has called for a ban on "assault weapons."
    Here's his position:

James Smith for Governor

Leroy --

Last week we witnessed yet another mass shooting, this time in Parkland, Florida. Senseless acts like this one -- and so many others across the nation -- are becoming all too familiar for our communities. It was less than three years ago that Charleston faced its own tragedy.

While our words of condolence and comfort are heartfelt, we show the strength and fullness of our hearts through our actions. We know that our words of condolence will not prevent another shooting in a school or place of worship, but our actions might. It's time to act.

I’m stepping up and saying enough is enough. When I’m governor, we will implement common sense gun safety measures that will preserve the right to bear arms while promoting safe schools and neighborhoods for all of our citizens.

Here’s what we’ll do together:

Close the Charleston loophole
    Ban bump stocks and trigger cranks
    Require universal background checks, including for gun show sales
    Make it a crime to threaten use of a weapon on school grounds
    Ban retail sales of semi-automatic, military-style weapons, including AR-15s
    Introduce individual responsibility measures requiring owners of semi-automatic, military-style weapons to be responsible for safekeeping and reporting stolen weapons promptly
    This is an ambitious plan, but the lives of our kids depend on it. As a combat veteran, I have seen the lethality of assault weapons personally. Our children's schools and our places of gathering should never be a war zone.

Being a leader requires willingness to talk about difficult issues -- and the silence from Henry McMaster and Catherine Templeton is deafening.

If they are going to sit on the sidelines, it’s up to us to act. That’s why I am speaking loud and clear today that the safety of our children is far more important to me than the political risk of taking on a tough issue.

Throughout my life of service -- from Operation Enduring Freedom to the State House -- I have always fought to protect our families and communities. That’s what I’ll do as governor, too.

It’s time to get this conversation going. Together, we can prevent another Parkland.

Thank you,
    James

Paid for by James Smith for South Carolina
    P.O. Box 694, Columbia, SC 29202 - www.jamessmith.com

James Smith is a member of the South Carolina Army National Guard. Use of his military rank, job titles, and photographs in uniform does not imply endorsement by the Department of the Army or the Department of Defense.
    James Smith for South Carolina
    PO Box 694
    Columbia, SC 29202
    United States

Nope
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Thanks for the post LC17.

Do y'all think there may be a run on ARs in SC?Or the US?
    How bout help for these sick people?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

James Smith just exposed his inner DemonRat core. I don't care how nice of a guy people think he may be, he's really no different than a Liberal Yankee at heart. Screw him...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Wow. Smith definitely won’t be getting my vote. What do people not get about “Shall not be infringed”?

Democrats gonna democrat

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I sit there every day and watch how Smith votes. He does not vote like a republican. He votes with the democrats. I still like him but his views are far different than mine.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Running for political office as a Democrat should tell you all you need to know about that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I would not write Templeton out so quickly. She won lots of respect in SC by turning DHEC around, well at least getting it out of the ditch and doing things that were not politically popular to make it happen. Having said that, it would be hard to believe that any democrat could win in SC for governor. There is no lottery or poker machine money this time around. MG
    Did she turn DHEC around?

but be aware, without DT quoting himself, we would never figure this out on our own....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post

Close the Charleston loophole
    Ban bump stocks and trigger cranks
    Require universal background checks, including for gun show sales
    Make it a crime to threaten use of a weapon on school grounds
    Introduce individual responsibility measures requiring owners of semi-automatic, military-style weapons to be responsible for safekeeping and reporting stolen weapons promptly
    The line in bold is political suicide in this state. He's too damn dumb to be elected for anything. This guy sucks just like every other democrat that's ever lived.

You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    The line in bold is political suicide in this state. He's too damn dumb to be elected for anything. This guy sucks just like every other democrat that's ever lived.
    Yes, it appears he doesn't want to win.

Thanks LC17. That’s all I needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Catherine Templeton is worth looking at. I like her politics. I like her passion. I'll admit that I hate she is in politics, but I'll definitely consider her when the time comes.

James and his family are all friends of mine and attend my church. I'll readily admit I'd probably enjoy him and his family at my dinner table over Catherine....however, politics is politics and I know where James will vote.
    If he’s a friend, you should try to convince him to quit being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    With all due respect DT, you as a Republican, went against the grain in the past. You essentially said that your stance was based on your conscience. This seems to run through the same vein of your opinion, in that the confederate flag was responsible or had a direct influence on violence. How is this different in your eyes now? Don’t get me wrong, I have my own personal views about the flag, but I also believe in objectivity. I respect my mother’s opinion and feelings because of her experiences but I also respect those who genuinely who look at it as a part of their heritage; devoid of hate, ignorance, and bigotry. Unfortunately, there are too many hateful people that have used that flag in such a way that there isn’t probably a way to reconcile that stigma.

Ultimately, how do you address this to your peers versus your constituents without appearing to cater to one group privately and another publicly?
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Come on Roddie. You can not appeal to everybody. AND, hateful people are everywhere my Man. The internet and social is the devil.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"