Thread: Surprise Surprise FLA Shooter was on SSRI's

Default Surprise Surprise FLA Shooter was on SSRI's

http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/media-ign...hool-shooting/

Here we go again. A horrific mass shooting occurs. Everyone is in shock and grief. Democrats blame guns and Republicans. Pundits urge the public, “If you see something, say something.” And everyone asks, “Why?”

As information about the perpetrator emerges, a relative confides to a newspaper that the “troubled youth” who committed the mass murder was on psychiatric medications – you know, those powerful, little understood, mind-altering drugs with fearsome side effects including “suicidal ideation” and even “homicidal ideation.”

Yet the predictable response from the press is always the same – not only a total lack of curiosity, but disdain for any who ask the question, as though connecting psychiatric meds to mass shootings is pursuing a “conspiracy theory.”

Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz
    Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz
    Here’s a good way to tell whether or not something is a conspiracy theory: If it’s true, it’s not a conspiracy theory.

In the case of Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old Florida mass-shooter, his mother’s sister, Barbara Kumbatovich, told the Miami Herald that she believed Cruz was on medication to deal with his emotional fragility.

Newtown, Connecticut, school shooter Adam Lanza
    Newtown, Connecticut, school shooter Adam Lanza
    This is strikingly similar to reports right after the 2013 school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, when Mark and Louise Tambascio, family friends of shooter Adam Lanza and his mother, were interviewed on CBS’ “60 Minutes,” during which Louise Tambascio told correspondent Scott Pelley: “I know he was on medication and everything, but she homeschooled him at home cause he couldn’t deal with the school classes sometimes, so she just homeschooled Adam at home. And that was her life.” And here, Tambascio tells ABC News, “I knew he was on medication, but that’s all I know.”

What do YOU think? Why do media avoid reporting mass shooters’ meds? Sound off in today’s WND poll

But there was little journalistic curiosity or follow-up, and one wonders whether that will be the case this time around.

But, you may well be asking, why is the issue of psychiatric medications even important?

Fact: A disturbing number of perpetrators of school shootings and similar mass murders in our modern era were either on – or just recently coming off of – psychiatric medications. A few of the most high-profile examples, out of many others, include:

Columbine mass-killer Eric Harris was taking Luvox – like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor and many others, a modern and widely prescribed type of antidepressant drug called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs. Harris and fellow student Dylan Klebold went on a hellish school shooting rampage in 1999 during which they killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 24 others before turning their guns on themselves. Luvox manufacturer Solvay Pharmaceuticals concedes that during short-term controlled clinical trials, 4 percent of children and youth taking Luvox – that’s one in 25 – developed mania, a dangerous and violence-prone mental derangement characterized by extreme excitement and delusion.
    Patrick Purdy went on a schoolyard shooting rampage in Stockton, California, in 1989, which became the catalyst for the original legislative frenzy to ban “semiautomatic assault weapons” in California and the nation. The 25-year-old Purdy, who murdered five children and wounded 30, had been on Amitriptyline, an antidepressant, as well as the antipsychotic drug Thorazine.
    Kip Kinkel, 15, murdered his parents in 1998 and the next day went to his school, Thurston High in Springfield, Oregon, and opened fire on his classmates, killing two and wounding 22 others. He had been prescribed both Prozac and Ritalin.
    In 1988, 31-year-old Laurie Dann went on a shooting rampage in a second-grade classroom in Winnetka, Illinois, killing one child and wounding six. She had been taking the antidepressant Anafranil as well as Lithium, long used to treat mania.
    In Paducah, Kentucky, in late 1997, 14-year-old Michael Carneal, son of a prominent attorney, traveled to Heath High School and started shooting students in a prayer meeting taking place in the school’s lobby, killing three and leaving another paralyzed. Carneal reportedly was on Ritalin.
    In 2005, 16-year-old Jeff Weise, living on Minnesota’s Red Lake Indian Reservation, shot and killed nine people and wounded five others before killing himself. Weise had been taking Prozac.
    In another famous case, 47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, just a month after he began taking Prozac in 1989, shot 20 workers at Standard Gravure Corp. in Louisville, Kentucky, killing nine. Prozac-maker Eli Lilly later settled a lawsuit brought by survivors.
    Kurt Danysh, 18, shot his own father to death in 1996, a little more than two weeks after starting on Prozac. Danysh’s description of own his mental-emotional state at the time of the murder is chilling: “I didn’t realize I did it until after it was done,” Danysh said. “This might sound weird, but it felt like I had no control of what I was doing, like I was left there just holding a gun.”
    John Hinckley, age 25, took four Valium two hours before shooting and almost killing President Ronald Reagan in 1981. In the assassination attempt, Hinckley also wounded press secretary James Brady, Secret Service agent Timothy McCarthy and policeman Thomas Delahanty.
    Andrea Yates, in one of the most heartrending crimes in modern history, drowned all five of her children – aged 7 years down to 6 months – in a bathtub. Insisting inner voices commanded her to kill her children, she had become increasingly psychotic over the course of several years. At her 2006 murder re-trial (after a 2002 guilty verdict was overturned on appeal), Yates’ longtime friend Debbie Holmes testified: “She asked me if I thought Satan could read her mind and if I believed in demon possession.” And Dr. George Ringholz, after evaluating Yates for two days, recounted an experience she had after the birth of her first child: “What she described was feeling a presence … Satan … telling her to take a knife and stab her son Noah,” Ringholz said, adding that Yates’ delusion at the time of the bathtub murders was not only that she had to kill her children to save them, but that Satan had entered her and that she had to be executed in order to kill Satan.Yates had been taking the antidepressant Effexor. In November 2005, more than four years after Yates drowned her children, Effexor manufacturer Wyeth Pharmaceuticals quietly added “homicidal ideation” to the drug’s list of “rare adverse events.” The Medical Accountability Network, a private nonprofit focused on medical ethics issues, publicly criticized Wyeth, saying Effexor’s “homicidal ideation” risk wasn’t well publicized and that Wyeth failed to send letters to doctors or issue warning labels announcing the change.And what exactly does “rare” mean in the phrase “rare adverse events”? The FDA defines it as occurring in less than one in 1,000 people. But since that same year 19.2 million prescriptions for Effexor were filled in the U.S., statistically that means thousands of Americans might experience “homicidal ideation” – murderous thoughts – as a result of taking just this one brand of antidepressant drug. Effexor is Wyeth’s best-selling drug, by the way, which in one recent year brought in over $3 billion in sales, accounting for almost a fifth of the company’s annual revenues.
    One more case is instructive, that of 12-year-old Christopher Pittman, who struggled in court to explain why he murdered his grandparents, who had provided the only love and stability he’d ever known in his turbulent life. “When I was lying in my bed that night,” he testified, “I couldn’t sleep because my voice in my head kept echoing through my mind telling me to kill them.” Christopher had been angry with his grandfather, who had disciplined him earlier that day for hurting another student during a fight on the school bus. So later that night, he shot both of his grandparents in the head with a .410 shotgun as they slept and then burned down their South Carolina home, where he had lived with them. “I got up, got the gun, and I went upstairs and I pulled the trigger,” he recalled. “Through the whole thing, it was like watching your favorite TV show. You know what is going to happen, but you can’t do anything to stop it.” Pittman’s lawyers would later argue that the boy had been a victim of “involuntary intoxication,” since his doctors had him taking the antidepressants Paxil and Zoloft just prior to the murders.

Paxil-TWPaxil’s known “adverse drug reactions” – according to the drug’s FDA-approved label – include “mania,” “insomnia,” “anxiety,” “agitation,” “confusion,” “amnesia,” “depression,” “paranoid reaction,” “psychosis,” “hostility,” “delirium,” “hallucinations,” “abnormal thinking,” “depersonalization” and “lack of emotion,” among others. The preceding examples are only a few of the best-known offenders who had been taking prescribed psychiatric drugs before committing their violent crimes – there are many others.

Whether we like to admit it or not, it is undeniable that when certain people living on the edge of sanity take psychiatric medications, those drugs can – and occasionally do – push them over the edge into violent madness. Remember, every single SSRI antidepressant sold in the United States of America today, no matter what brand or manufacturer, bears a “black box” FDA warning label – the government’s most serious drug warning – of “increased risks of suicidal thinking and behavior, known as suicidality, in young adults ages 18 to 24.” Common sense tells us that where there are suicidal thoughts – especially in a very, very angry person – homicidal thoughts may not be far behind. Indeed, the mass shooters we are describing often take their own lives when the police show up, having planned their suicide ahead of time.

Never lost a lawsuit

Pharmaceutical manufacturers are understandably nervous about publicity connecting their highly lucrative drugs to murderous violence, which may be why we rarely if ever hear any confirmation to those first-day reports from grief-stricken relatives who confide to journalists that the perpetrator was taking psychiatric drugs. After all, who are by far the biggest sponsors of TV news? Pharmaceutical companies, and they don’t want any free publicity of this sort.

The truth is, to avoid costly settlements and public relations catastrophes – such as when GlaxoSmithKline was ordered to pay millions of dollars to the family of 60-year-old Donald Schell who murdered his wife, daughter and granddaughter in a fit of rage shortly after starting on Paxil – drug companies’ legal teams have quietly and skillfully settled hundreds of cases out-of-court, shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars to plaintiffs. Pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly fought scores of legal claims against Prozac in this way, settling for cash before the complaint could go to court while stipulating that the settlement remain secret – and then claiming it had never lost a Prozac lawsuit.

Which brings us back to the key question: When are we going to get official confirmation as to whether Nikolas Cruz, like so many other mass shooters, had been taking psychiatric drugs?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Which is bigger, the gun lobby or the drug lobby?

I'd say, in numbers the gun lobby, in cabbage, the drug lobby.

Meds for emotional fragility? Maybe they have some drugs to share with some folks here.

Get these little asswipes out in the woods doing something like camping, fishing, hunting etc where you can accomplish something and grow some balls. Put the little kids through scouts. Maybe the parents don't have the time. If not, they shouldn't have a dick or puss.

Yes I know, this kid was adopted. His mother, now deceased, it seems had mental issues. Where was help for her and probably the boy. "They" knew there are issues with both.

The adoptive dad, also deceased, I don't know anything. What about the real parents. Are they at fault?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

What has happened here?? Is it TV?? Is it all these crazy ass video games??

If the real world really had the murder/rape/robbery events as that on TV we would really have trouble.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    I'd say, in numbers the gun lobby, in cabbage, the drug lobby.
    I heard this morning that only 43% of households has firearms in this country. I thought it would be more.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

So have over 90% of them.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Interesting...and what's up with these drills at almost every school shooting.

Did she say "Army"?

Matt Musil
    ‏Verified account @KHOUSportsMatt
    Feb 14

#KHOU11 After shifting over from #ASTROS Camp to coverage of school shooting in Parkland, Forida, I talked with Alexa Miednik , a Senior at Douglas HS. She never saw a gun but she says she knows the alleged shooter...

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

This is another example of trying to find the one thing that is causing all of this. It’s no different than stating that since they all had guns, then guns are the problem...or since 99% of the time it’s males...males are the problem. It’s pretty damn obvious that someone who commits mass murder is likely bat shit crazy with some type of mental illness present; knowing that, is it really shocking that the majority of the shooters are on anti-psychotic/anti-depressant meds of some sort? The newest and supposed best anti-depressants at this time happen to be SSRIs, so is it surprising that these are often prescribed to these disturbed individuals? Valium is mentioned in the article...thank God the dood ate 4 Valium prior to the asassination attempt...it likely resulted in misses that woulda been hits. There were many mass murders long before there were SSRIs...those people were prescribed some type of pre-SSRI anti-psychotic meds because...wait for it...they were fuggin crazy!

The long, steady erosion of morals that is inversely proportional to the long, steady rise of political correctness is to blame for what we are dealing with here. It’s a complex situation that involves the removal of God from the schools and the ongoing attempt at Gods removal from anywhere other than inside Churches...and they won’t stop when/if they contain the mention of God to the inside of church buildings. It also involves the attempt to normalize anything and everything morally damaging and utterly abnormal; a mere decade or so ago, what today’s universities are forcing their students and faculty to recognize as normal was the basis and bulk of what was being taught and discussed in a very important and popular class called Abnormal Psychology...which was offered at all of these institutions of higher learning.

When you throw social media into the mix...yes, there are certainly more depressed, confused, angry, and mixed up kids out there, and these kids and their parents don’t have a clue what to do or who to turn to...except their doctors...who’s best available arrows in their limited quivers is...medication!

No...this is a complex problem that did not happen over night...and trying to knee-jerk into blaming a common thing and then acting quickly to demonize that one thing...it ain’t going to work and will likely backfire. This is going to take time, God, and a willingness to accept that we need God back in the mix as we search for the answers. I’m afraid this country is still a long way, as a whole, from being ready to really start to solve this problem.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 02-16-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I think we should JUST lock all the crazies up!

bring back meNtal instrutions and have them start PREACHING the GOOD NEWS

that's the only way. act a little funny get noticed. act a little More funny get snatched up by some men in white scrubs with a NET anD all THAT

hah hah hah

hah hah

Some how this country has forgot that some people just do not deserve to be on the street, whether its short time period or forever. Mental Institutions were common up until the 1970's or so, Then the drugs came and the rise in the horrific crimes that should never occur in civilized society.

Ssri’s only have a 3% efficacy rate,do they work for everyone hell no. The fda is supported by the pharmaceutical industry at a rate around 40%. Labeling people with clinical depression also started around the 70s and a lot of people say it’s just a marketing campaign to push these medications. Or at least those are the current conspiracies I subscribe too.

I’m with merg
    I’m not getting the tin foil out yet and it is sacreligous to even speculate about a school shooting but with the reports of multi shooters and listening to the supposed teen agents who either have been eating way to much sterioded Chicken or got held back a few years in school.

One has to question are we listening to crisis actors.
    Then if so why?

To push gun control?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I'm not ready for that yet.

Now the Vegas shooting??? I'm totally convinced that one is tee total bullshit!!

Want to piss off a lib when they start talking about how bad we take care of the mentally impaired in the US. Tell them it is President Kennedy's and his dem buddies fault. They passed "Community Mental Health Act of 1963". Which changed funding from large institutions to go towards small places. The economy of scale was broken as large institutions like the Ha Ha hotel on bull street were defunded in favor of opening small places like Three Rivers. It was a utopian dream that they would do so much better if they were integrated back into the community. Less than half of the facilities needed, to replace the large institutions, were ever built. Nobody wanted them built near them. While almost no true long term facilities were built. So you end up with a broken mental health system and paranoid schizophrenics living on the street.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Tell them it is President Kennedy's and his dem buddies fault. They passed "Community Mental Health Act of 1963".
    I remember hearing something about One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest having an impact on the treatment of mental patients. Just looked it up and sure enough the book was released in 1962. Looks like Hollywood maybe played a role in this cluster fuck too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...sychiatry.html
    Last edited by Featherduster; 02-17-2018 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Error
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Cel phone footage from too many people debunk the lone shooter theory in Vegas. I watched several different videos from inside and outside the venue that make it inarguable. One in particular shows bullets from inside the venue hitting a tarp that was set up along the perimeter. The bullets were being fired across the crowd IN THE DIRECTION of Mandalay Bay, NOT coming from there.
    S.C. - Standing alone against Northern aggression since 1861 (LAT)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing View Post
    Cel phone footage from too many people debunk the lone shooter theory in Vegas. I watched several different videos from inside and outside the venue that make it inarguable. One in particular shows bullets from inside the venue hitting a tarp that was set up along the perimeter. The bullets were being fired across the crowd IN THE DIRECTION of Mandalay Bay, NOT coming from there.
    Yet most, if not all, of the people who came forth to publicly state that there were multiple shooters are now supposedly dead. Makes one wonder, assuming that's close to being true.

What happened to the multiple shooter claims in FL? That seemed to dry up quickly.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I posted it here today why the girl thought she saw the army covering bodies with mats. It was the ROTC.

http://scducks.com/forum/showthread....ad-His-Firearm

That still doesn't rule out the multiple shooters. Also I heard someone say the blonde was probably talking about another Nik Cruz. But Judge Jeanine Pirro said there were only 13 people with that name in America. So I figure the girl knew who he was because she knew him from middle school.