Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Youth deer day

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Of all the important shit in the state, roads, education, etc, etc, etc, they voted to change the youth freaking deer day.
    And they probably clapped and cheered and patted each other on the back when it passed.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Everyday is youth day.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Y'all could fuck up a wet dream, the general assembly that is......
    No shit, some of the stuff they come up with is sad beyond measure, this may be one of the best ones yet. Clueless as hell, they are.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Started as youth day in October until they fixed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Started as youth day in October until they fixed it.

What did they fix?

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Youth don’t vote or pay taxes. Get with the program fellas.

Y'all wanna move the youth turkey day to may 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    If we do, can they kill a hen?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

The purpose of youth day is to get them involved. We remove the barriers to hunting like the license, hunters education course and needing a tag. The future of the sports we love depends on introducing kids to hunting. This bill would allow the kids to get first crack at a buck.. Nothing prevents you from taking them other days.

This forum was created for dialogue and information. You have 25 other forums to whine.

Please send me a copy of the State Record Book for fat does or how to record my nanny in the Miss Boone and Mrs Crocket World Record Book.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    May 10th is the day I travel to SC WMA’s and sit at the gates and listen to turkey trumpets and flutes. Kenny G has nothing on these guys.

You know, I've done pretty good lately avoiding the use of profanity, and am doing my best to avoid the use of it here. If y'all truly believe that this was needed, then y'all truly are a bunch of freaking idiots. I would like to know where this originated.

Who came up with this proposal?

Who sponsored it?

Is this something that originated in the legislative body, or did it come from DNR?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    What did they fix?
    Sarcasm font didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The purpose of youth day is to get them involved. We remove the barriers to hunting like the license, hunters education course and needing a tag. The future of the sports we love depends on introducing kids to hunting. This bill would allow the kids to get first crack at a buck.. Nothing prevents you from taking them other days.

This forum was created for dialogue and information. You have 25 other forums to whine.

Please send me a copy of the State Record Book for fat does or how to record my nanny in the Miss Boone and Mrs Crocket World Record Book.
    Typical. Anyone who doesn't immediately agree with and fall to their knees thanking the crown is a whiner. And I know this because you said so in the above quote where you are, ironically, whining.

Did you stomp your foot too or just run your lip out?

Completely asinine!

If this forum is for dialogue, then bring something to the table important and worth talking about.

Here we go with "if its not in the book, its not a trophy". I am not sure if you just got your feelings hurt and are trying to say something clever to save face, or if you really are that much of an idiot.

Again, why don't you quit bragging about the nothing you have done, and go DO SOMETHING worth talking about.

My daughter loves deer hunting. This year, with all the tags etc she looked at me one day & said, "why in the world do we need all this crap just to kill a deer". This was after she shot one & we were wading through the over 40 tags we had to get the correct one. I said honey, you know when we go and vote for people to work in govt. This is what they do. She said, "I thought they had more important things they did".

Plain and simple through the eyes of a 14 year old.

The rules for this forum were to have cordial discussion without the usual SCDucks pissing match.

Tell me your plan for how to get kids involved in hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    My daughter loves deer hunting. This year, with all the tags etc she looked at me one day & said, "why in the world do we need all this crap just to kill a deer". This was after she shot one & we were wading through the over 40 tags we had to get the correct one. I said honey, you know when we go and vote for people to work in govt. This is what they do. She said, "I thought they had more important things they did".

Plain and simple through the eyes of a 14 year old.
    I believe that is what the youth day accomplishes. Barriers are removed so kids can get hooked on something besides an electronic device.

The rules for this forum were to have cordial discussion without the usual SCDucks pissing match.

Tell me your plan for how to get kids involved in hunting.
    Well I don't believe it's govt's job to get kids involved in hunting. Laws won't do that anyway. I do know for a fact that a lot of adults no longer hunt because of govt & their laws. You can't have it both ways.

Maybe govt could work through DNR & put on more youth outdoor activities to get kids involved. Maybe through the govt school system would be a good start. That's where a lot of kids would get exposure.

You know I love big bucks.

I agree we need to take kids and get them involved in the sports to keep them alive.

That being said a true "kid" is just excited to kill a doe as he or she is to kill a cow horn.

Again I don't know if this will cause less kids to go.

And now they are limited to only a buck.

I just think this is bad law.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot