Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I joined the NRA

Default I joined the NRA

Amid all of the left-wing non-sensical media coverage that "guns are bad mmm-kay," standing on the graves of dead children and putting on display their crying families to create emotions among the public to push political agendas and sway votes, I thought to myself that now would be a good time join the NRA. It was eating me today all of the garbage that the media had for the public, so I felt convicted to do something... Hopefully my membership will help protect the Second Amendment.
    Last edited by Scruggz; 02-15-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    Psalm 23

I’m a member.

Be prepared for the onslaught of propaganda you will receive daily.

G

And if you become a life member the propaganda ends.

Not really but one can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

My uncle got me a lifetime when I graduated high school nearly 20 years ago. I get crap nearly every day.

All I get is the magazine.

Even if you're not a life member, you can call and tell them you'll quit if they don't stop the advertisements and they'll shut them off.

Call them. Tell them to remove you from the ad mailing list. The magazines are enough. They will do it.

I just saw Pal Bug's post. This is true.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    All I get is the magazine.

Even if you're not a life member, you can call and tell them you'll quit if they don't stop the advertisements and they'll shut them off.
    I sent a heartfelt e-mail about it to them and it stopped. I was pretty annoyed that 2 days after enrolling I was being hounded for cash
    You can grow up to be just like me....

The NRA is a shell of the organization it once was.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Knee jerk reactions aren't good on either side.

Ive been a member before. I've unsubscribed to the ads. I wouldn't say that its a knee jerk reaction to join since ive been thinking for awhile about it, but the liberals crying about the FLA shooting was what nudged me into doing so. The NRA isn't perfect for sure, but I believe that if it wasn't for the NRA there is a good chance that we wouldn't be able to possess the firearm freedoms that we do.
    Psalm 23

I see where you're coming from.

However, I attribute my right to bear arms to the Constitution, not a bunch of limp wrist-ed lobbyists in DC.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Yeah, that whole second amendment thing worked pretty well for Chicago. They're coming for the rest of us.

Now where's my tin foil hat?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 02-16-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Anybody who loves to hunt,shoot,etc. and isn't a member of the nra is a dumbass..period
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by DUCK BUSTER 68 View Post
    Anybody who loves to hunt,shoot,etc. and isn't a member of the nra is a dumbass..period
    The rest make excuses because they don't want to pay the dues. The NRA has been the single biggest reason we still have gun rights. PERIOD. Why do you think the left hates them so much?

Life Member and all I get is the magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    The rest make excuses because they don't want to pay the dues. The NRA has been the single biggest reason we still have gun rights. PERIOD. Why do you think the left hates them so much?
    Nah... I think the US constitution might be the biggest reason.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

So there’s not really ANY infringements on your right to keep and bear arms?

Annnnnnnd crickets from the “I got the constitution, Bo....” crowd.....

I have been a life member for about 5 years now. I get the magazine and not the junk mail. Why would you not be a member of the most influential group of US Citizens that support the US Constitution?
    Last edited by Two Barrels; 02-17-2018 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    So there’s not really ANY infringements on your right to keep and bear arms?
    Lots of them. A requirement to get permission from the government to carry a hand gun is the biggest one. Not to mention all the other restrictions and bans on citizens. The 2nd amendment IS the main reason we still have what we do. The NRA and it's loud voice is the biggest reason that the 2nd amendment hasn't been completely discarded by the elitist in Washington.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson