Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I joined the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Lots of them. A requirement to get permission from the government to carry a hand gun is the biggest one. Not to mention all the other restrictions and bans on citizens. The 2nd amendment IS the main reason we still have what we do. The NRA and it's loud voice is the biggest reason that the 2nd amendment hasn't been completely discarded by the elitist in Washington.
    Fuzzy is dead on here. You may not agree with all they do but keep in mind that the one thing they do best is maintain our second amendment. It would have been long gone if it weren't for the political arm of the NRA.

So what else does the NRA do? Read their gun and ammo research, what about Eddie Eagle, what about all the NRA gun meets they coordinate. That's just a few items. There is the political arm BUT they are not out burning buildings and turning over cars. They are getting our gun voices heard in Washington and the States.

If you hunt, shoot or merely own a gun, you owe it to yourself and others to join the NRA. Dues are not an excuse. Ads will stop if you ask them. If you aren't a member, go join.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    So there’s not really ANY infringements on your right to keep and bear arms?
    The NRA is directly responsible for most, if not all, of those concessions as they signed off on them.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Why you reckon the NRA made those concessions?

Because they have no backbone?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

It’s the constitution, right? It’s set in stone, right? Why would they do it? Did they wake up one morning say, “hey, let’s go fuck with the Constitution and put some concessions on the 2nd”?

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Because they have no backbone?
    I hate all the concessions that have been made pertaining to OUR 2nd amendment, but sometimes you have concede some things so you can survive to fight another day.

If it were not for the NRA, we might only be allowed to own a single shotgun.
    Last edited by fuzzy; 02-19-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It’s the constitution, right? It’s set in stone, right? Why would they do it? Did they wake up one morning say, “hey, let’s go fuck with the Constitution and put some concessions on the 2nd”?
    Evidently, that's exactly what they did at one point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    I hate all the concessions that have been made pertaining to OUR 2nd amendment, but sometimes you have concede some things so you can survive to fight another day.

If it were not for the NRA, we might only be allowed to own a single shotgun.
    I've always heard folks say that, I just don't believe it.

I believe the NRA did more for education and safety concerning firearms than anybody. I just don't think they're the savior of our 2A rights.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

This is America, and it is you right to believe and say what you want, just as it is mine. And one thing I can guarantee you is the 2nd amendment is what protects that right.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Hahahaha, Turbo, you can’t be that fucking stupid, can you?

i'm also not a big fan of the NRA.

shocked, i'm sure....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.