Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turkey Sunset

Bring an extra set of teeth with you.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Don't know that there's ever been a more spot on post made in this forum.

And this is the gospel truth.

All this shit revolves around politics, therefore like everything else politicians have a hand in, its fucked up as a football bat and will continue to be as long as the current system is in place.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Because we have this hang folks up here call "the lower part of the State". All of our regs up here were done just that way; DNR biologists reported to DNR decision makers, DNR decision makers built seasons and bag limits based off these reports and they got passed. But down yonder y'all played the big money influences politicians model of game management and the legislature voted on your bag limits and seasons. The politicians from up here didn't have a dog in the fight so they just went along with the influence. This was fucking awesome for y'all. Y'all loved it.

Now, because of y'all, we have the legislature covering all of it and y'all are screaming "WHERE's DNR!? WHERE'S DNR!?"....... Too late for that shit, y'all neutered their asses a long time ago. Deal with it.
    Don't know that there's ever been a more spot on post made in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    Truth of the matter is that all this was some political smokescreen horse crap deal to do what the original intent was to do in the first place. That being move the turkey season to 3 birds and a 30 day season statewide beginning on April 1st.

But we will be fed the smoke and mirrors by the political system and we will eat it up.
    And this is the gospel truth.

All this shit revolves around politics, therefore like everything else politicians have a hand in, its fucked up as a football bat and will continue to be as long as the current system is in place......

DNR wanted a uniform season. This change was not politician driven. Since the data will be reported while we are not in session, we could not consider it before the sunset caused the season to revert to the previous season and limits. Game zone changes have been made since the turkey bill began. The sunset clause would have made the old law conflict with game zones because they were concised.

This is not politics. No conspiracy. No re-election gimmick. No contribution grab.

This is what DNR wanted. So when you want to CHANGE the political system, what do you want? DNR making the rules?
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 02-17-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. Dumbass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Why does he need an extra set of teeth?

You will act as if you were sitting at a boardroom table talking to your representatives in person.

Set me up would ya sporty.

I'm lost. Will there be gravel sandwiches served at this board meeting?

Obviousy, a man who would speak like this on a board room with his representative has a foul mouth. Bad oral habits cause tooth decay. It would not be surprising if he lost a couple in the board room.

This forum deserves better than demonizing politics. This forum is used to actually accomplish something. Start a post in another forum. I will be happy to come along so you can post drivel.

You will act as if you were sitting at a boardroom table talking to your representatives in person.

Set me up would ya sporty.

Great point. Here are a few examples.

Blah blah blah

I'll summarize it very succinctly. Politicians mess too much up as it is. They shouldn't be in charge of game laws. Hand that back over to DNR so that every decision isn't an attempt to make everyone happy and to water down every suggestion by DNR and accomplish absolutely nothing.

Game laws should be based on biologist input. Not based on political pressure and the group that happens to make the most donations to their local representative. Or based on the representatives that happens to have the most power based on their years of service.

Edited to remove the single foul work to make sure it was ok for the board room.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 02-17-2018 at 10:33 PM.

People disregard the rules of this forum. Mods let it go. I am tired of punks. I react. Your post, while edited for curse words, still breaks the spirit of discussion laid out in the rules. You can start a thread in any other area to discuss your thoughts on government.

This forum was created to have cordial discussions without all the "corrupt politicians" and "government sucks" rhetoric. Jab and I wanted a place to chat that would increase interaction between the public, it's agencies and elected officials so that you guys can give input without having to go to a sub-committee hearing. This site has members with an incredible amount of knowledge on nearly every topic. Opinion polls can shape proposed legislation or amendments.

It is up to you.

Well, in case you haven’t looked around Gov’t is to big and it does suck, case in point out GA making decisions instead of our DNR. I think we can all agree we want improvements in recruitment of turkeys for future springs. I want results, we should all demand results, instead what we got was another extension on a half ass implemented season change which has been based on little to no findings. Maybe that’s why most are sour about the whole ordeal, politics should play no part in my recreational endeavors, maybe I’m just simple minded like that.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Y'all appear hellbent on moving the discussion into government sucks.

You simply do not understand government agencies if you want to remove the elected official from the equation.

Who does your taxes? Do you do them yourself or do you have a professional in that field do them for you?

Who works on your vehicles? Do you fix them yourself or do you have a professional in the field do them for you?

When you take a flight who does the piloting? Do you do it yourself or do you have a professional in that field do it for you?

If you do your taxes yourself do you have a professional trained to do that very task on your payroll?

If you work on your own vehicles do you have a paid professional trained to do that very task on your payroll?

If you fly yourself do you have a trained professional on staff to do that very task on your payroll?

Am I the only person that thinks a 5 bird limit and an April 1st - May 1st season statewide is the best answer..???

If DNR had sole power to set the regs, you would likely have a 30 day season, two birds, and an April 1 start.

Oh yeah, political appointees of the Governor have all the votes. We should remove politics from the equation and get rid of them. Then the DNR director would decide. Wait, the Governor appoints the board and the board elects the agency head.

So lets see, lets just let the Director be the selected by.....? And he decides all based on biologist? Should we let him decide on the budget he deserves?

Should we let him decide how much licenses and permits cost? Why not just let him at will add tax to boats, 4 wheelers, ammunition, fishing eq and worms?

Im not being Felishus. How do you want it?

Felishus

I think for starters just answer the questions you’re asked on here. Quit asking more questions.

I’m good with 5 birds and the month of April as the season, but I’ve always hunted in the upstate so that’s all I’ve ever known.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I should expect nothing more from our government.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    I should expect nothing more from our government.
    You ought to try your Hand and run for a seat at the state capital. You can make it mandatory for all turkey hunters to buy your calls. It would be no different than the folks y’all got with hidden agendas. You’ll get rich and don’t have to do nothing for the people

DNR controlled limits, methods and seasons in the Upstate for decades. A concept many states use. You can look how they set limits and seasons on WMA to see how they would likely set statewide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I guess it would be best if I just let you read about changes when they print the regulations.