Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey Sunset

Default Turkey Sunset

There was a thread that asked about the extension of the sunset provision. The Act would have caused the law to revert to the old provisions.

The third year of data has not been reported so we extended the sunset a couple years. The house voted in favor of the extension. The bill has gone to the Senate.

Also, there were game zone changes since the turkey Act was enacted. We would have to deal with the zone change if we do not extend the sunset.

Data will be ready this Nov. We plan to address the issue in the next session. The extension will give us plenty of time to pass a bill through both bodies and allow time for public input.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Thanks for the info!

Sounds logical...

So the bill as it references "data" was flawed from it's inception?

Hum
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Sounds logical...

So the bill as it references "data" was flawed from it's inception?

Hum
    That's the way I understand it as well.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

its silly that the politicians and their calendars and even part of this....

why is it not biologists and data? other than the fact that it would make too much sense, of course.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Because we have this hang folks up here call "the lower part of the State". All of our regs up here were done just that way; DNR biologists reported to DNR decision makers, DNR decision makers built seasons and bag limits based off these reports and they got passed. But down yonder y'all played the big money influences politicians model of game management and the legislature voted on your bag limits and seasons. The politicians from up here didn't have a dog in the fight so they just went along with the influence. This was fucking awesome for y'all. Y'all loved it.

Now, because of y'all, we have the legislature covering all of it and y'all are screaming "WHERE's DNR!? WHERE'S DNR!?"....... Too late for that shit, y'all neutered their asses a long time ago. Deal with it.

DNR wrote the bill. DNR was to do the study.

Not sure why dates did not mesh.

Shit, just keep extending the sunset clause and don't bring The Study back up. Problem solved.

Believe the dates had to do with timing for the legislative session not being considered before 3 yr study finalized and then timing to publish in Reg books.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its silly that the politicians and their calendars and even part of this....

why is it not biologists and data? other than the fact that it would make too much sense, of course.....
    Blows my mind.

Why would politicians want to change the seasons and risk irritating the hunters?

DNR wanted statewide conformity.

Truth of the matter is that all this was some political smokescreen horse crap deal to do what the original intent was to do in the first place. That being move the turkey season to 3 birds and a 30 day season statewide beginning on April 1st.

But we will be fed the smoke and mirrors by the political system and we will eat it up.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Because we have this hang folks up here call "the lower part of the State". All of our regs up here were done just that way; DNR biologists reported to DNR decision makers, DNR decision makers built seasons and bag limits based off these reports and they got passed. But down yonder y'all played the big money influences politicians model of game management and the legislature voted on your bag limits and seasons. The politicians from up here didn't have a dog in the fight so they just went along with the influence. This was fucking awesome for y'all. Y'all loved it.

Now, because of y'all, we have the legislature covering all of it and y'all are screaming "WHERE's DNR!? WHERE'S DNR!?"....... Too late for that shit, y'all neutered their asses a long time ago. Deal with it.
    Don't know that there's ever been a more spot on post made in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    Truth of the matter is that all this was some political smokescreen horse crap deal to do what the original intent was to do in the first place. That being move the turkey season to 3 birds and a 30 day season statewide beginning on April 1st.

But we will be fed the smoke and mirrors by the political system and we will eat it up.
    And this is the gospel truth.

All this shit revolves around politics, therefore like everything else politicians have a hand in, its fucked up as a football bat and will continue to be as long as the current system is in place.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Bingo , and it ain't just turkeys.

Buck Tags Bro!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Blah blah blah

Everything said in the last 4 or 5 posts is the truth and you damn well know it. If it wasn’t, you be arguing because you’d argue with a damn fence post. Therefore we get......

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Blah blah blah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Rules here.
    This forum has been created so that we can have meaningful discourse with our elected officials, wildlife professionals, and others without all the usual derailment and attacks that we so enjoy in the other forums.

We are lucky to have legislators who are willing to keep us updated on pending laws, and are willing to hear what we have to say on the subject.

In this forum there will be 3 kinds of threads. These threads WILL pertain to Woods, Water, or Wildlife ONLY. Either you are posting-

A. On a law that is being proposed in the SOUTH CAROLINA General Assembly

B. You are posting about a current law that is on the books

C. You are posting to propose new legislation

All other threads WILL be deleted. No Common Core or Obamacare or any of the rest.

There will be no personal attacks in this forum period. Mods included. You will be banned in a heartbeat.

There will be no cursing.

You will act as if you were sitting at a boardroom table talking to your representatives in person.

I realize that many of you are incapable of following these rules, so I suggest that you stay out of here and not risk being banned on all the forums.

This forum deserves better than demonizing politics. This forum is used to actually accomplish something. Start a post in another forum. I will be happy to come along so you can post drivel.

So you can respond to some very valid points made in the last few posts by saying, "blah blah blah", and when I come back and call you on it you refer to the rules? I'll refer to this one in particular.......

"You will act as if you were sitting at a boardroom table talking to your representatives in person."

Do you often use "blah blah blah" when you're at a boardroom table talking to your fellow representatives, or is it just ok for you to be a smartass and not for us?

I'll go find my entertainment somewhere else for the rest of the evening, but I will say this before I go. You're a pompous ass, that's why nobody here takes you seriously, and yes, I would tell you that if I were sitting across a table from you. If that gets me banned, well bye......