View Poll Results: What will happen in the after math of Florida?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, this is part of a free society

50 49.02%
  • Teachers & CWP holders will be allowed to carry on campus

12 11.76%
  • Jeff Sessions will come take all your black rifles in a mass round up.

5 4.90%
  • A few tweets and politicians making laws that limit law abiding citizens from 2nd A rights.

35 34.31%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What will happen after Florida?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Who let Duckblindness off the plantation? Get the dogs we have a runner!

This is the first time he/she/genderless has posted outside Current Events.

I have him on my ignore list so I can't see what he posted I can only see that he posted.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    You mentioned tax more than once in the same sentence with adherance to approval.

Also, you alluded to the fact that teachers are underpaid.

Both communist indicators.

Taxation is theft.

If teachers don't love their paychecks, they can work elsewhere.

Boom. No more communism.
    Do you drive on roads and hunt WMA’s , and proud to see a F-16 fly over. That’s taxes at work. If you don’t like it , pack up the Prius and move.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Do you drive on roads and hunt WMA’s , and proud to see a F-16 fly over. That’s taxes at work. If you don’t like it , pack up the Prius and move.
    I do drive on roads. I don't apologize for it since I pay for them every-single-day.

I do not hunt WMAs.

F16s are cool and all, but a bit dated if I'm honest.

I don't own a Prius, but could afford a new one every year if the gov't would stay the fuck out of my pockets.

If I moved, I'm not sure where I'd like to go. Either way, I'd rather be part of the solution here.
    Last edited by turbo; 02-15-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Do you think teachers teach because they like their paycheck? Spending 8 hours a day with 25 kids that you have no blood relation to but love as if they were your own, and would gladly take a bullet for, for $30k. It's not just a job, it is what educators were put on this earth to do.

What is the number of deaths it will take for you to change your mind from "nothing can be done" to "let's see if anything can be done"? 100? 1,000? 10,000? I want an honest answer. How many children are you willing allow die because "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". I don't have THE answer, but my answer is certainly not "nothing can be done".

Remember, before an amendment was ever written was this statement "We the people of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Save the "communist" or "bleeding heart liberal" bull shit for someone else. Last night I had to go to bed imagining what it would be like to lose 17 of my students. I had to walk through the doors of my school building wondering if this is the day our CODE RED drill would not be just a drill. Nearly every week there is a shooting at a school.

Quote Originally Posted by EdistoRiver614 View Post
    Do you think teachers teach because they like their paycheck? Spending 8 hours a day with 25 kids that you have no blood relation to but love as if they were your own, and would gladly take a bullet for, for $30k. It's not just a job, it is what educators were put on this earth to do.

What is the number of deaths it will take for you to change your mind from "nothing can be done" to "let's see if anything can be done"? 100? 1,000? 10,000? I want an honest answer. How many children are you willing allow die because "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". I don't have THE answer, but my answer is certainly not "nothing can be done".

Remember, before an amendment was ever written was this statement "We the people of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Save the "communist" or "bleeding heart liberal" bull shit for someone else. Last night I had to go to bed imagining what it would be like to lose 17 of my students. I had to walk through the doors of my school building wondering if this is the day our CODE RED drill would not be just a drill. Nearly every week there is a shooting at a school.
    Save your heart string jerk action for somebody else.

My wife was a school teacher. I fully understand where a teacher is coming from.

However, crazy fuckin' people have existed since the dawn of time and will exist long after you and I are dead and gone. There is, literally, nothing we can do about that.

Having you tell me what I can and can't have because you're scared to go to work is not my fucking problem and the Constitution affirms this fact. See Amendment No.2.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

"We've got to do something" is a phrase that's lead to some bad policies in human history.

How about more guns ? Those " carzy people " dont seem to attack anywhere folks can fight back . Seems its always defenceless people .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Heart string implies immediate reaction from 1 certain event. There have been 142 school shootings since Sandy Hook. This is something that is daily on my mind, not once every week when the latest news breaks. Your wife "was" a school teacher, might I ask how long ago it was see retired? I that it would be accurate to say the world she taught in and the world I teach in are 2 different worlds. There has to be something, because nothing isn't working. It's not about my life you imbecile, it's about your children's and grandchildren's lives.

Heart string implies immediate reaction from 1 certain event. There have been 142 school shootings since Sandy Hook. This is something that is daily on my mind, not once every week when the latest news breaks. Your wife "was" a school teacher, might I ask how long ago it was see retired? I that it would be accurate to say the world she taught in and the world I teach in are 2 different worlds. There has to be something, because nothing isn't working. It's not about my life you imbecile, it's about your children's and grandchildren's lives.
    So, exactly what do you propose to do? How do you solve this problem?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyeller View Post
    How about more guns ? Those " carzy people " dont seem to attack anywhere folks can fight back . Seems its always defenceless people .
    I believe Colorado implemented some type of permiting and training for certain teachers. I would gladly give up a summer to go through a training. Again, that's "something".

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    So, exactly what do you propose to do? How do you solve this problem?
    There are plenty of vets out there that posses "a particular set of skills" that need jobs.

You mentioned tax more than once in the same sentence with adherance to approval.

Also, you alluded to the fact that teachers are underpaid.

Both communist indicators.

Taxation is theft.

Boom. No more communism.
    I think you're expanding on the definition of communism... I still cant find adherence to approval of in my original answer to the question. I simply provided an answer for a solution to mitigate risk for school shootings, not raise taxes to pay teachers more or create new tax to fund a guard at each entry way. Stop sending money to Nigeria for new skeeter nets every 6 months or funding a UN. Simply allocate the ones you got to something productive/protective for us as country. Only taxes and death are certain, cant get out of either. Id like to see what I have to contribute spent on something useful.

There are plenty of vets out there that posses "a particular set of skills" that need jobs.
    And how do you keep one of them from cracking up and whacking a bunch of 4th graders if they get a mind to? I mean, we can't even keep the teachers from screwing he kids anymore, you see that in the news every week as well.

There is pure evil in this world. There has been since Adam and Eve ate that forbidden fruit, and there will be until our Lord and Savior comes back and does away with it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

A eye for a eye. They should of shot that MFer. Point blank on national TV and make a point. This guy will live in a nut house on our dime.

SRO in EVERY school, with a good skill set. A step in the right direction. Response time would be seconds rather than minutes.

Counter-point to that, he/she would likely be the first person targeted, possibly/probably by ambush. But it's a start. I think the SRO should have a securable office with a sturdy safe containing a SBR that he/she brings to work in a discrete case and secures every day. But that's just me.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

She was a school teacher up until the summer of 2016.

She made a career change and moved into finance. Daddy likes it when mama's in finance.

Just how old do you think I am, man?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Yes, there is evil, i'm not denying that. I'm saying we can figure out a way to lessen the destruction. You have a different view of our vets then I do.

Yes, there is evil, i'm not denying that. I'm saying we can figure out a way to lessen the destruction. You have a different view of our vets then I do.
    Our vets are a cross section of society. Most good, some evil. You can't pick out the good teachers, you can't identify the bad students, you can't profile which parent might go ballistic, and even if you know they will, you can't do anything about it until they do it. A vet, regardless of his past, could be the one to crack up and go ballistic just as quick as anyone else. You NEVER KNOW who or when.

She was a school teacher up until the summer of 2016.

She made a career change and moved into finance. Daddy likes it when mama's in finance.

Just how old do you think I am, man?
    I mistakenly thought by "was" meant she retired.

I am about to steam some big fresh salty oysters, they will make my head unhurt for a few minutes.