Thread: trophy ridge mantis sight

any you guys use a mantis sight what do you think about it?
    DUCK HUNTING IS A LIFE LONG OBSESSION ONLY ENDED BY DEATH

I have never been much for PLASTIC... Trophy Ridge just comes off cheap and bulky to me.

Stick with a compact metal sight - and I would put a tritium pin on it. Look at Tru-Glo, Cobra, Spott Hog, etc...

i have a switchback xt with a one pin pro hunter on it it is a plastic sight i have had no problems but i was wondering about going with a pendulum sight any suggestions
    DUCK HUNTING IS A LIFE LONG OBSESSION ONLY ENDED BY DEATH

I know a lot of people that use pendulum sight, but I am not a fan. One more moving part to screw up. I shoot the Impact Archery Solo. Super bright, and quality sight. All aluminum machined parts. I would also stay away from the tritium pin. I had one of those on my TruGlo, but found that it made me sit longer than I could actually see what I would have been shooting. Just beacause you can see the pin does not mean you can make the shot. But, for around here, I would say a single pin sight set at 20 yards is all you'll need. My bow shot the same pin out to 35 yards when I had a 3 pin sight on there. That's what convinced me that a single pin was all I needed. Ther may be places where it would be nice to have a 40 or 50 yard pin, but not where I hunt that's not a shot I would feel comfortable taking. 25 yards is my max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

bring your bow to me, Ive got a sight for you,I can kinda make you a custom sight from left parts and what night just tell me what your kinda want if you want to go that way...All my sights are ones that i made myself.....if you come up with some sort of design. That is usally all i need: EX: horizontal pins or vertical...lights at all on the pins.....different light settings one fixed pin...... micro adjustable or not.....just tell me what you need

i use what you use Duck Dog, But I have the Jumbo model. A 5/16 Id peep and that big ass aperture on the Impact line up perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

How could you not like a tritium pin? It glows in the dark!

It is true, a Tritium pin + Kisser button can have you in the stand well past legal shooting hours if you aren't careful. Sometimes you gotta force yourself to get down...

My sight is a custom job as well, I grinded down the bottom of the .029 Tru-Glo tritium pin and JB welded it onto the middle of my Copper John Dead Nutz sight ring, it set for 20yds. It is still fully adjustable, just have to move the whole sight up/down, left/right. Then a regular .019 fiber optic pin set for 40yds just for fun on targets, 20-25 yds is pretty much my max for hunting.

I also blacked out the orange peep alignment ring around the sight edge to cut down on the halo effect when I am focusing on the titium pin in low light - why in the world would I want a peep sight anyway?! Nuthin is more aggrevating than that light stealin' bastard!

Copper John Dead Nutz Hunter 2 - great sight to start customizing!

"At 2.9oz, this compact machined aluminum sight offers exceptional durability and industry standard features like .029 fiber optics, elevation and windage gang adjustments, and individual pin adjustment all without breaking the bank."

No peeps on my set up. Shooting time steeling little bastards. Everybody I've hunted with uses them, but I shoot just as consistent using just a kisser. I think I may still have one of those tritium pins in my goody box if anyone is looking for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

mathews and copper john sucks PERIOD