Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkey Trial Regulations Extended

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    5 6day seasons, M-Sa (no Sunday huntin) beginning the first Monday in April.
    Lottery draw for the one week permit you will receive.
    2 birds.
    Statewide.
    If it comes to that, people will just hunt when they want to.......

As opposed to........

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    If it comes to that, people will just hunt when they want to.......
    I’ve long thought that if regulations continue to build, folks will just start ignoring them.

Offshore fishermen are nearly at that point with the SAFMC over red snapper.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    You got it, SCNDR stated to me this morning , they want 30 day season and 3 birds. Timeline for sunset clause extension resulted from this series.. 1. Report not complete. 2. Legislative session meeting time and 3. Time enough to get into rules and regs. Truly sucks being a Legislative state period when it comes to wildlife.

Working on somethings at the moment but seems to be just gas bubbles rising and they smell like Methane.

What does "they want 30 day season and 3 birds mean" They were the ones that backed and came up with this statewide season and 3 bird BS!!!!!!

Without the first bit of fugging research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I’ve long thought that if regulations continue to build, folks will just start ignoring them.

Offshore fishermen are nearly at that point with the SAFMC over red snapper.
    Nearly?

Make take is the biologists only wanted a 3 bird limit and April 1st start statewide not an extended season. The director is from a LE background and wanted an uniform seasons. Upstate Legislators wanted the season the same length for everyone. Low country legislators we not going to tell hunters they were cutting season, limit and moving the start date all at once. This looks like the piece by piece method.

DNR did not budge on WMAs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Nor should they.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Nearly?

We catch a lot of magnum beeliners.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    What does "they want 30 day season and 3 birds mean" They were the ones that backed and came up with this statewide season and 3 bird BS!!!!!!

Without the first bit of fugging research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just relaying information, But I am certainly picking up what your laying down partner. Pitts out of Laurens seemed to be the key driver.
    Genesis 9;2

I love the march20 start date. April 1 sucks.

If it is going to be 30 days, I'd rather it start March 20 and I will hit the road April 21 and have over a month to hunt elsewhere. I would immediately pick up a GA lease that would get to May15 without getting on a plane.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

You've got one life. Blaze on!