Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Hog Bass - 10 pounder!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Merg,
    Back in the cassette track days my Wife went to a recording studio and did that song for her Father. On Father's day she knelt at his feet and played it. I was a young punk kid at the time and like most here just simply didn't know how to deal with that emotional display. Got so dang uncomfortable that I almost bolted for the door but after a few minutes I began to appreciate it for what it was. Looking back I must say I admire her for that. I also very much miss that small stature fella who was a mountain of man in character. Having a grown daughter of my own now makes me appreciate it even more.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Merg,
    Back in the cassette track days my Wife went to a recording studio and did that song for her Father. On Father's day she knelt at his feet and played it. I was a young punk kid at the time and like most here just simply didn't know how to deal with that emotional display. Got so dang uncomfortable that I almost bolted for the door but after a few minutes I began to appreciate it for what it was. Looking back I must say I admire her for that. I also very much miss that small stature fella who was a mountain of man in character. Having a grown daughter of my own now makes me appreciate it even more.
    That is superb!!! That's a smart girl that knows what her dad did for her and she appreciates it, so she showed him. Everyone should show theirs this kind of appreciation before it's too late. Just because they've been here all our life doesn't mean they will be here for the rest of our life.

We do change a lot and having children will make you change how you see things real fast. Wisdom come with experience and experience comes with time. It takes some of us so-called hard-asses a little longer but we usually turn out more wise than the rest. I remember when I got to the age I thought I was smarter than my dad. I felt that way until I realized my son was doing it with me. I went to my dad and told him I was sorry for those times and all the stupid ego driven arguments. Then I hugged him and told him how important he had been to me and how much I loved him. He got a little misty and so did I. Dad was a man of few words but I learned later other saw how wise he was. At his funeral a pastor we had at our church for about 10 years and had moved to another church (I think in the Lowcountry) a few years before dad passed, spoke. He came back to speak at dad's funeral. He said dad was the wisest man he had ever met. He said when he was having an issue at church he regularly called dad and talked to him about it. After he moved to another church he continued to do the same thing. He said that dad's wisdom had helped him be a "better pastor for many years". Dad had never been a preacher he was just blessed with wisdom. Later two of my old buddies that I grew up with stood up and said the same thing. One had been calling him for years asking him for personal advice and the other had been going by the house and sitting on the screened in porch seeking wisdom from dad. I had no idea these guys were talking to dad. He never talked about what other talked him about. I was kind of jealous. Heck I didn't know the pastor had been talking to him. Mom said she knew it but dad never told her anything about what was said. Mom is old school so she said, "It was man stuff at the church. None of my business."

To say I was proud of him at his funeral would be the understatement of the ages. And to think there was a time when I thought I was smarter than him. I was a sad fool.

How can anyone think they know more about life than the man who taught them all they know? I was also stupid.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    That is superb!!! That's a smart girl that knows what her dad did for her and she appreciates it, so she showed him. Everyone should show theirs this kind of appreciation before it's too late. Just because they've been here all our life doesn't mean they will be here for the rest of our life.

We do change a lot and having children will make you change how you see things real fast. Wisdom come with experience and experience comes with time. It takes some of us so-called hard-asses a little longer but we usually turn out more wise than the rest. I remember when I got to the age I thought I was smarter than my dad. I felt that way until I realized my son was doing it with me. I went to my dad and told him I was sorry for those times and all the stupid ego driven arguments. Then I hugged him and told him how important he had been to me and how much I loved him. He got a little misty and so did I. Dad was a man of few words but I learned later other saw how wise he was. At his funeral a pastor we had at our church for about 10 years and had moved to another church (I think in the Lowcountry) a few years before dad passed, spoke. He came back to speak at dad's funeral. He said dad was the wisest man he had ever met. He said when he was having an issue at church he regularly called dad and talked to him about it. After he moved to another church he continued to do the same thing. He said that dad's wisdom had helped him be a "better pastor for many years". Dad had never been a preacher he was just blessed with wisdom. Later two of my old buddies that I grew up with stood up and said the same thing. One had been calling him for years asking him for personal advice and the other had been going by the house and sitting on the screened in porch seeking wisdom from dad. I had no idea these guys were talking to dad. He never talked about what other talked him about. I was kind of jealous. Heck I didn't know the pastor had been talking to him. Mom said she knew it but dad never told her anything about what was said. Mom is old school so she said, "It was man stuff at the church. None of my business."

To say I was proud of him at his funeral would be the understatement of the ages. And to think there was a time when I thought I was smarter than him. I was a sad fool.

How can anyone think they know more about life than the man who taught them all they know? I was also stupid.
    Well said Mergie, well said
    Last edited by mrtroy4man; 02-15-2018 at 10:27 PM.
    every expert was once a beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    It will be a year this coming Saturday that a good family friend of ours was laid to rest. His daughter had that song played at th funeral and I thought it was a perfect fit for him.

As far as your dad goes, well you know what church I grew up in so I remember him to an extent. But I remember your mom came by the house one day when I was a kid to being my mom something and your dad was with her. I remember your dad, my dad, and myself standing out on the back deck and I got to listen to a long conversation betwewn the two of them about quail hunting.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    It will be a year this coming Saturday that a good family friend of ours was laid to rest. His daughter had that song played at th funeral and I thought it was a perfect fit for him.

As far as your dad goes, well you know what church I grew up in so I remember him to an extent. But I remember your mom came by the house one day when I was a kid to being my mom something and your dad was with her. I remember your dad, my dad, and myself standing out on the back deck and I got to listen to a long conversation between the two of them about quail hunting.
    That sounds like dad. He loved bird hunting and taught me to love it too. I remember those days of following the pointers through the broom straw fields with him. I remember it right down to the tickle weeds crawling up inside my pants leg. Sometimes I would have to drop my pants the get the things out near my drawers. When I did that dad would say, "If I've told you once I've told you a dozen times to tuck your pants legs under your socks." I was stubborn or a little stupid I reck'n, but I finally caught on.

Ive seen it all now, we went from a 10lb bass, to weird hands, which is weird, to a song that has good meaning but just sucks, to quail hunting, then tickle weeds tickling mergies balls. This thread has it all.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Ive seen it all now, we went from a 10lb bass, to weird hands, which is weird, to a song that has good meaning but just sucks, to quail hunting, then tickle weeds tickling mergies balls. This thread has it all.
    Ain't nobody mentioned hotdogs yet.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Ain't nobody mentioned hotdogs yet.
    I had a birddog for lunch.

I had a birddog for lunch.
    NH?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Not trying to hijack, but....this was a 5lber
    Attachment 33767
    Gator.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    NH?
    The one and only.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I put my sons on these specks, each was a new state record.
    The kids are 8 ft tall and I took that pic with my cell phone from across the parking lot
    578121_782033328479640_25593461_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I put my sons on these specks, each was a new state record.
    The kids are 8 ft tall and I took that pic with my cell phone from across the parking lot
    578121_782033328479640_25593461_n.jpg
    hahaha that had me laughing

This one was 800#, I used Kayakfuckchops minnows for bait. Nah, just kidding it was about 200-250 on the boga but I still used his minnows for bait.

A626806F-F6F8-491F-9E64-95C83EF39E39.jpg
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

She dwarfs the jolly green giant. That's a 2 inche cable and half a battle ship anchor converted into a hook. We couldn't find scales big enough to weigh it on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Merg,
    Enjoyed your post about your Dad.

Trophy trout grand slam

Breams slam (still trying to get a shellcracker of proper size)

Bass

Sweet ain't it?
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles