Thread: rod holders

Default rod holders

Anyone used these? Getting my boat set up and kinda like the look without the screws going thru but curious if they would be as strong? Looks like the backing is rubber.

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/stain...older-0-degree

I wouldn't count on it for fighting a fish out of. It looks nice though.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

I feel sure they would work for an inshore/lake rig, but I wouldn't run/troll anything big out of something that wasn't thru-bolted with a backing plate.

As stated above, could be a spot to put a bottom rod in between drops, but I wouldn't use a bent butt out of it.

Cup holder/ rod holder if you’re bottom fishing. First thing going in the Southport if I can get it.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 02-14-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have some from Gemlux and they are nice. Comes with a backingbplate and a big nut to secure it.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    I have some from Gemlux and they are nice. Comes with a backingbplate and a big nut to secure it.
    I looked these up and almost looks identical. Same price also. What is the back plate made of? Like a hard plastic?

I believe the ones I have are stainless. They are actually sitting on a conference table at the plant and I’ll look on Friday when I go back in and shoot u a pic. One of the boat companies we supply to are using them and gave us some to try and powder coat.

Thanks man, seems like it would be every bit as strong with the nut pressing a backing plate evenly around the holder.