View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the outlawing of male turkey decoys?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would support outlawing all male turkey decoys

30 17.14%
  • I would not support outlawing male turkey decoys

34 19.43%
  • I would rather outlaw male decoys than cut the limit

20 11.43%
  • I would support outlawing fanning/reaping only

13 7.43%
  • I hate new laws

78 44.57%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlawing male turkey decoys

Thank goodness there aren't many fields on public land, so the decoy hunters won't be bothering those birds at least........and the ones that do end up in a hunting accident. ......

Im not worried about the strutter decoys, Im worried about what comes after that. Yall are going to regulate yourselves right to the couch without shit to hunt.

I'd support outlawing decoys outright but they sure do make it easier to have a kid's or old man's gun pointed in the right direction. A turkey is nothing more than a crack head with binoculars strapped to his head. Stupid to the point of being unpredictable a fair amount of time. 99 out of a 100 can be killed by simple means but that 1 out of 100 can wreck many a hunting plan. Killing that one understandably inflates a hunters ego whether he shows it or keeps it under wraps. Just another opinion from a poet.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 02-14-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

No decoys, no calls, you should have to hunt them with a sharp stick while naked. Then Ricky Chen can make a video and go viral.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    u nailed it here.
    there's no such greater ego than a man who has killed a few turkeys
    I had a big ego long before I killed a turkey
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Im not worried about the strutter decoys, Im worried about what comes after that. Yall are going to regulate yourselves right to the couch without shit to hunt.
    Pretty much my thought as well.

If FacePage and InstaLife would ban pictures of dead animals, I suspect lots of these rubberheads wouldn't even turkey hunt any more.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

fucking turkey poets.... I swear. Y'all are as bad as fags. If you don't like how someone hunts don't hunt with them.

These same bastards will want to outlaw fishing with live shrimp and mud minnows here shortly.

Who gives a shit how you kill them as long as you only kill as many as you have tags for.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post

Who gives a shit how you kill them as long as you only kill as many as you have tags for.
    Lock thread now.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

If you pass a law outlawing male decoys what 3 laws are you going to remove from the books?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

holy fuck, the nomad turkey vest is now available!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I guess the same goes for deer, ducks, fish and any other game. Who cares how you kill them as long as you kill no more than the limit. I've seen how that argument goes but would enjoy seeing how it plays out here.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

This thread makes me laugh in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    fucking turkey poets.... I swear. Y'all are as bad as fags. If you don't like how someone hunts don't hunt with them.

These same bastards will want to outlaw fishing with live shrimp and mud minnows here shortly.

The limit is set with an opportunity to kill 3 birds, but with no intention of every hunter being capable of killing 3 birds.
    Wildlife is a public resource, not a private one. It's everyones business how you hunt. If it's not I want lead shot back for ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    The limit is set with an opportunity to kill 3 birds, but with no intention of every hunter being capable of killing 3 birds.
    Wildlife is a public resource, not a private one. It's everyones business how you hunt. If it's not I want lead shot back for ducks.
    I do want lead shot back for ducks.

The fact that we can shoot a migratory dove with lead, but not a duck pisses me off.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Why not outlaw using any kind of turkey choke. Improved cyl only with 2 3/4 shells. If you want to reduce the number of turkeys being killed. Y’all crack me up

P.s. I think all forms of live bait should be outlawed too, as well as Carolina rigs.

TSS is more deadly than a damn decoy. Now that you can buy TSS there is no need for a male decoy you can kill them at 100 yards RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I do want lead shot back for ducks.

The fact that we can shoot a migratory dove with lead, but not a duck pisses me off.
    You can shoot all the ducks you want to with lead shot. Fella told me one time that 2 3/4" 7.5's would kill hell out of a wood duck.....

You can kill 3 turkeys with a 410 but if you hunt with a 12ga you can kill one every other year. Make you nancies happy?
    cut\'em

This thread wasn't as gay as I expected. At least not yet.

Glenn nailed it. But I'd add bottomland camo to the list.