View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the outlawing of male turkey decoys?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would support outlawing all male turkey decoys

30 17.14%
  • I would not support outlawing male turkey decoys

34 19.43%
  • I would rather outlaw male decoys than cut the limit

20 11.43%
  • I would support outlawing fanning/reaping only

13 7.43%
  • I hate new laws

78 44.57%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlawing male turkey decoys

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I do want lead shot back for ducks.

The fact that we can shoot a migratory dove with lead, but not a duck pisses me off.
    You gon poison the water, bo.

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    Why not outlaw using any kind of turkey choke. Improved cyl only with 2 3/4 shells. If you want to reduce the number of turkeys being killed. Y’all crack me up

P.s. I think all forms of live bait should be outlawed too, as well as Carolina rigs.
    Chokes and shells don't matter if you use a male turkey decoy......410 and lead 9's would be a plenty
    Last edited by BRR; 02-14-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Perfect example. End thread

Idgaf about the methods other people use to kill turkeys and that said anyone with an opinion on how I choose to hunt turkeys can GFY.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

That is just flat out disgusting, to me.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I'd rather pass a law against stupid people.

The problem with that, you ask? Most of you idiots wouldn't be around for my entertainment.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Agreed.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

Hunting turkeys is easier than catching a 10lb bass in Lake Michigan.

Lead #5s for me please.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I do want lead shot back for ducks.

The fact that we can shoot a migratory dove with lead, but not a duck pisses me off.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    You can kill 3 turkeys with a 410 but if you hunt with a 12ga you can kill one every other year. Make you nancies happy?
    I don't think you can even mention 12 gauges around this crowd during turkey season.........

That is highly discouraged among the Internet turkey club. And mention/sighting of a 10 guage requires immediate disciplinarian action to be taken. A cocabola teak wood striker made from the rain forest is burned for such unscrupulous behavior.

I've had them lined up just like that with no decoy multiple times. If limits are correct and enforced everything else in this thread is conjecture. The most popular flavor of the day is what will prevail. But outlawing male decoys is bullshit. I'd be interested to know the number of people who think they should outlaw them that will hunt deer over a corn pile?? How about outlaw trail cams, planting and hunting chufa patches, or from a ground blind? Strutter decoys are a game changer but again don't ALWAYS work. What will you all say if certain areas of the state are opened earlier or open later or limits increased in certain areas?
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    I've had them lined up just like that with no decoy multiple times. If limits are correct and enforced everything else in this thread is conjecture. The most popular flavor of the day is what will prevail. But outlawing male decoys is bullshit. I'd be interested to know the number of people who think they should outlaw them that will hunt deer over a corn pile?? How about outlaw trail cams, planting and hunting chufa patches, or from a ground blind? Strutter decoys are a game changer but again don't ALWAYS work. What will you all say if certain areas of the state are opened earlier or open later or limits increased in certain areas?
    Well, since I was quoted in this, I will answer...
    I don't deer hunt any more. When I used to deer hunt(and I did, quite a lot) I never hunted over any type of bait and wouldn't if I started back. And, I would be ok with outlawing everything that you mentioned...trailcams, chufa, commercial ground blinds, ect.
    Last edited by MKW; 02-14-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Never understood you guys carrying all that crap in the woods with you. Call them up with your natural voice and strangle them with your bare hands.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

What none of you turkey poets wants to admit is that turkeys are fucking stupid. Incredibly stupid. Chickens have alot more sense than turkeys and a chicken is pretty dumb.

Set limits on how you personally want to hunt them and make it fun and rewarding. But stop trying to force your ideas on everyone else in the way of laws. And please stop giving turkeys human like characteristics and acting like you have just out witted the most clever animal in the forest when you kill a dumbass turkey.

Well, since I was quoted in this, I will answer...
    I don't deer hunt any more. When I used to deer hunt(and I did, quite a lot) I never hunted over any type of bait and wouldn't if I started back. And, I would be ok with outlawing everything that you mentioned...trailcams, chufa, commercial ground blinds, ect.
    Communist.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

What none of you turkey poets wants to admit is that turkeys are fucking stupid. Incredibly stupid. Chickens have alot more sense than turkeys and a chicken is pretty dumb.
    I don't know if I qualify as a "turkey poet" or not, but I will fully admit that turkeys are dumb as hell. In fact, that's exactly why I don't think strutter decoys should be legal. When a dominant tom sees it, he HAS TO fight it. He has no control over himself or his actions and he will pay attention to nothing else while he's kicking the shit out of said plastic turkey. It's pathetic to kill a turkey when he is in that state of in-awareness, to me. Folks can kill turkeys however they(legally) want, but I have done it that way and it gave me absolutely zero satisfaction or feeling of accomplishment, Therefore, any time I'm asked, I will say that I'm all for them being outlawed, but I'm not up there protesting at the State House.

It's like using a spotlight for deer.

I don't know if I qualify as a "turkey poet" or not, but I will fully admit that turkeys are dumb as hell.
    You are guilty by association alone at least on this site. I already said 99 out of 100 are stupid a couple pages back but no one seemed to have noticed. Ducks and geese are stupid as well but they are fun as heck to shoot too. I find wood ducks on par with turkeys for enjoyment the last two seasons. Just glad they don't overlap.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles