Thread: Gun work and dip

Default Gun work and dip

I’ve got one of the original Browning Silver Hunter’s with the dura tech coating. It has become tacky and needs to be stripped off and re dipped. I also need the barrel cut and rethreaded. Suggestions? I’m in Aiken but can get it most anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Default Gun work and dip

That dura~tech is a joke, I removed mine with lacquer thinner and had a black synthetic stock. Carry to Charlie Boswell in Hiltonia for gun work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Timsmith; 02-10-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    I’ve got one of the original Browning Silver Hunter’s with the dura tech coating. It has become tacky and needs to be stripped off and re dipped. I also need the barrel cut and rethreaded. Suggestions? I’m in Aiken but can get it most anywhere.

I have browning that’s gotten all sticky as well. I was told that they would warranty it. But I haven’t got around to calling them.

I read somewhere that making a paste solution from baking soda and water will take that sticky feel from the Dura-Touch. Make paste and rub shotgun kinda like a using rubbing compound on a car. Don't know if it's true, but I read it...or heard it somewhere.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I had an early dura touch job on a browning. Same thing y’all are talking about. Very tacky and would irritate your cheek when shooting a lot. I called browning and they redid it and it is perfect. I paid shipping one way. It took about 2 months turn around. The one thing I would have liked was to have a newer camo pattern but it was too late when I thought about it. Was a very easy process.

Black composite M2’s are doing the same shit. I got it off of mine with acetone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    That dura~tech is a joke, I removed mine with lacquer thinner and had a black synthetic stock. Carry to Charlie Boswell in Hiltonia for gun work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I know Charlie sold Comp n Choke, has he started something else?