Thread: 6.4 help

Default 6.4 help

Took my truck in for an injector replacement as it was giving me #2 contribution imbalance code and #2 misfire. Picked it up this morning and it ran great. Went back out to warm it up and this happened. Same 2 codes again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Injector is fucked or stuck open mech or elec .

Don't run it no more btw

Which is weird I just got the injector replaced Friday. Did the mechanical do something wrong? And I don't plan on running it

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

Wouldn't think so. Call them back the one he put in could have failed.

Is the truck stock? Do you still have the EGR coolers on it? How is the coolant level?
    Last edited by KRT; 02-11-2018 at 04:57 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Is the truck stock? Do you still have the EGR coolers on it? How is the coolant level?
    Dpf gone, egr still in place. Coolant full

If the injector isn’t bad Id have them check the EGR coolers to be sure. I’ve also seen bad rockers and cracked pistons have similar symptoms. Usually it’s #8 cyl though. What’s odd is it ran fine for a bit so it’s most likely a bad injector like mentioned earlier. Keep us posted.
    More fuel = more boost!!

And I’m not hurting on the 6.4 but it’s not known for reliability. I’d get those coolers off soon as your wallet allows. Do a full EGR delete.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    And I’m not hurting on the 6.4 but it’s not known for reliability. I’d get those coolers off soon as your wallet allows. Do a full EGR delete.
    What’s the cost to fix it right?

He’s probably spend 1500 to do the full delete since he already has a tuner.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Took back to him today. He switched injectors around and they're doing great now. Still have code p0266. It had great compression all around. I read it could be the ficm getting weak and giving false code. Not sure though

Good deal.
    More fuel = more boost!!