Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Processed yield

I would expect no less than 25-30%. You got back 15%.....I'd find a new processor.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

To Charlie Horse and CU. Yep and yep.

Yea that don't seem right. Did they give any explanation?

You got fuked

So who was the processor?

Questimation....

Swine will fool you. They do me, always...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

People actually process hogs? That's a new one. 2 of us have killed 31 in two nights and not a one of them has moved a foot from where they died.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Hell I took four deer debone it was just the hams and loins to get slice into jerky. Cost me 180 and got one box of meat. I didn’t pick it up my friend did and he didn’t know any better. This processor is in Chester and that is all.

Rodney. I am going to give them a call tomorrow. I'll at least give them a chance to explain before identifying the processor.

wow. I am awfully glad I dont own a processor. Sorry Rodney!

First off, a 200lb hog is big. Like bigger than that pic. If I wanted the loins cut out and sausage made, I wouldnt want 75 pounds of crap. if you've ever butchered a hog, you'll notice its fucking nasty and you'd be lucky to get 30-35lbs of processed (good) bulk sausage. if you want 50% yield, you're gonna get crap.

So, be glad you had a processor that made you a decent product and chucked the rest. now, if I paid a flat fee or a fee based on 200lb live weight, you may have a complaint. If you paid per pound of processed product, you should feel lucky.

just my opinion, of course.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Did Kayak weigh this sow for you?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    Hell I took four deer debone it was just the hams and loins to get slice into jerky. Cost me 180 and got one box of meat. I didn’t pick it up my friend did and he didn’t know any better. This processor is in Chester and that is all.
    How many pounds of jerky did you get? Doesn’t it take nearly 10 pounds to yield a pound of finished jerky?
    As far as the hog sausage jimmy dean isn’t that expensive and is better.
    Last edited by usrgce; 02-12-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Didn’t finish

Tooth, Im 59. Used to shoot hogs all over Georgetown county and sell the bastages around the west end of town for beer money at Buckys' in the Golden Years. Lord only knows how many i killed between No Mans Friend and Hagley. I profess to know a bit about them. Pontificate if you will. And, if you will read CU's post, he was dead on. We received about 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by usrgce View Post
    How many pounds of jerky did you get? Doesn’t it take nearly 10 pounds to yield a pound of finished jerky?
    As far as the hog sausage jimmy dean isn’t that expensive and is better.
    I just had it sliced into jerky strips. I make my own jerky. Had to many deer to cut the last week didn’t want to mess with slicen it.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknfloat2 View Post
    Tooth, Im 59. Used to shoot hogs all over Georgetown county and sell the bastages around the west end of town for beer money at Buckys' in the Golden Years. Lord only knows how many i killed between No Mans Friend and Hagley. I profess to know a bit about them. Pontificate if you will. And, if you will read CU's post, he was dead on. We received about 15%.
    you used a lot of big words but I told you the truth too.

i've been more intimate with hogs than you will ever know...or than I will ever admit.

if i killed a 150lb sow, i'd be happy with 25lbs of sausage.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Is the yield on a deer more or less than a hog? I had each processed at two different processors. Deer was cube steak, backstraps and burger. Hog was backstraps and sausage. The hog was quite a bit heavier than the deer. Both orders were in brown paper shopping bags when I picked them up. The deer yielded a full shopping bag more than the hog???