Thread: 2018 NWTF Grand National Convention

Default 2018 NWTF Grand National Convention

Who's going?

Really wanted to go this year but my schedule dictated otherwise.

Me
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

PASS.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I'd like to go just to see people that I used to only see at that show, but I'm not going. Haven't been in several years. It's nothing more than a building full of gimmicks and gadgets to separate wannabe turkey hunters from their money and for me, the weekend would be a $1000 hangover. There might be 3 tables of good calls...the rest is junk.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Bingo. Exactly my position on the entire event. It is a shell of what it started out as. Now it's just another event to put money in the NWTF's already bulging pockets.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I'd like to go just to see people that I used to only see at that show, but I'm not going. Haven't been in several years. It's nothing more than a building full of gimmicks and gadgets to separate wannabe turkey hunters from their money and for me, the weekend would be a $1000 hangover. There might be 3 tables of good calls...the rest is junk.
    I actually agree, and the sound of other people running turkey calls makes my head hurt.

The group of us that went to Mexico is making a trip out of it to pick up our mounts from Cally Morris. We will be at Opryland all of 2 hours. Now, Nashville, that is a different animal all together.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Man we used to have some good times there lol. I went a few years back just because I was in the area during the show and it's even worse than it was the last time we all went. I probably wouldn't waste the time to stand in line to get in again.

Quote Originally Posted by SCtrkyhntr1 View Post
    Man we used to have some good times there lol. I went a few years back just because I was in the area during the show and it's even worse than it was the last time we all went. I probably wouldn't waste the time to stand in line to get in again.
    Yes, sir, good times they were. I never will forget the old lady selling the foot massagers. LOL

Yes, sir, good times they were. I never will forget the old lady selling the foot massagers. LOL
    Or the Miller girls sliding us cases of beer under the table that we iced down in a trash can in the booth

I'm going. Shit im already here.

What time is the fashion show?

Be sure to wear your necklaces made out of turkey Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Be sure to wear your necklaces made out of turkey Spurs.
    LOL...and your snake boots.

Quote Originally Posted by SCtrkyhntr1 View Post
    Or the Miller girls sliding us cases of beer under the table that we iced down in a trash can in the booth
    Now, that was a good weekend!
    To let everyone know what we are talking about...The year the show was in Atlanta, our booth was right next to the Miller Beer booth. Those Miller girls were sliding us beer all weekend. It was glorious. All the beer we could drink and Miller Girls hanging out the whole time.

Unico is the show to attend now.

So I went. Saturday at the Convention center was insane with people. My first time so it was a lot to take in and Broadway St downtown Nashville was no joke.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    So I went. Saturday at the Convention center was insane with people. My first time so it was a lot to take in and Broadway St downtown Nashville was no joke.
    Hate we missed you buddy. We spent about 2 hours at the convention center and that was too much. We did some major honky tonkin on Broadway Sat'dy and well into Sunday