Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: Golden Retriever

I don't get how folks that are needing to pawn off their dogs on other people, say it's got to be the right home, etc..., and then say they're charging a "re-homing" fee.

Maybe they do that to discourage folks who want the dogs as bait for fighting folks, I don't know. I know if I found a good person to take a dog that I couldn't keep, I certainly wouldn't try to charge them for it.

The one I posted was free

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I don't get how folks that are needing to pawn off their dogs on other people, say it's got to be the right home, etc..., and then say they're charging a "re-homing" fee.

Maybe they do that to discourage folks who want the dogs as bait for fighting folks, I don't know. I know if I found a good person to take a dog that I couldn't keep, I certainly wouldn't try to charge them for it.
    Considering Golden puppies are selling for $1K or more, I'd say a "re-homing" fee of $100 is a pretty good deal on a healthy AKC registered Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Considering Golden puppies are selling for $1K or more, I'd say a "re-homing" fee of $100 is a pretty good deal on a healthy AKC registered Golden.
    Not only that, but with the volume of dog fight rings still being found it is foolish and thoughtless to offer any pet for "free". If the adoptees are felt to be sincere an owner can always wave any fees. Personally, I think most people tend to take better care of things, including pets, if they have a little skin in the game, so to speak.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 02-15-2018 at 10:33 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I just "re-homed" a 9 month old (the one in the pic), 9 month old, AKC and all health records. Beautiful, sweet and smart male dog, just what I wanted
    and completely house trained. Lady asked for $200 to cover her vet bills.......I couldn't pull my money out fast enough.
    "I am going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years"