Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: My hog bass of 2017 (3 10+)

I made no such claim.

I just asked a question Barbara.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Who does any kind of fishing these days without electronics? No matter what you are catching, electronics (of some type) are usually involved
    Myself and a many others (lots on this site) do very well with catfish, rockfish, bream, cold water trout, spottails, sheepshead, saltwater trout....

Should I keep going?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Never use any electronics for those.

I find it a tad unnecessary while wading for rainbows.

Is it possible that Bogster has overtaken Kayak on Kayak's thread? That has to count for something...

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I thought it was the bicycle he had when he was little that made him an expert.
    The only BMX GT with pegs in Elloree, bitch was bad son.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Who does any kind of fishing these days without electronics? No matter what you are catching, electronics (of some type) are usually involved
    Flashers Bo, flashers.

My boys are bass fishing in a pond right now. Youngest took his pellet gun, fish in a barrel thing. Plus he’ll kill a critter quick-like. Trigger happy kid.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Can those great fishermen do it in a 16ft jonboat with 2 rods and a tackle box?
    Would they be men among boys without electronics of any kind?
    Sure they could, I've seen plenty of winning bags come out of aluminum boats and I've won a few out of an aluminum boat myself when a bass boat wasn't the best option.

While we are still on the topic of 10 pounders I actually caught a 10 pounder out of a 14 foot jon boat with a 7.5 hp Johnson when I was probably 9 or 10 years old. I was basically raised on santee and was turned loose at 7 years old with my own boat and I was hell on some bedded fish. So yeah even a kid can catch bedded bass.

Hell, ol' tubesocks shoots em with a .270, they can't be that hard to find.

Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Sure they could, I've seen plenty of winning bags come out of aluminum boats and I've won a few out of an aluminum boat myself when a bass boat wasn't the best option.

While we are still on the topic of 10 pounders I actually caught a 10 pounder out of a 14 foot jon boat with a 7.5 hp Johnson when I was probably 9 or 10 years old. I was basically raised on santee and was turned loose at 7 years old with my own boat and I was hell on some bedded fish. So yeah even a kid can catch bedded bass.

Only thing I use my bottom machine for is shrimp and nearshore reefs. Freshwater I use it just to look at water temp and depth when running outboard
    867-5309

Coastal Woodie is a perfect example....

Let’s not make bass fishing out to be something it’s not.

As a 9yr old he was in a boat by himself (like the hundreds of us who grew up around here) catching big bass!

But not catching 20 pound bags year round on any given weekend. That's what I consider a great bass fisherman, I'm a good fisherman but not anything like that.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    But not catching 20 pound bags year round on any given weekend. That's what I consider a great bass fisherman, I'm a good fisherman but not anything like that.
    I've seen a lot of guys that can crush fish Sunday through Friday. Derby day and scale shrink a lot of bags...including mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    I've seen a lot of guys that can crush fish Sunday through Friday. Derby day and scale shrink a lot of bags...including mine
    Well said sir.

Not bogsters. Not even ten years ago
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Bogster should fish in a tournament against the kayak dude

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Bogster has spent enough time on Santee Cooper and know it well enough he could go find em. You can bet on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

A man told me one time "every lake in the state fishes different on a Saturday"
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    A man told me one time "every lake in the state fishes different on a Saturday"
    Amen and Amen

This is a golden, some trolling around, challenges of manhood, and even death threats...
    Another thread had some guys called out for being crappy tippers with and with a little race baiting mixed in with it too...

exciting Monday around the forum to say the least!

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor