Thread: Chauga River

Default Chauga River

Heading up this weekend to fish it for the first time this year. Anyone been up recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

I have not been out this year. That water should be in the 30s temp wise. Fish deep and slow.

Hell Hole was closed up at the paved road last Tuesday. Rode over to Grapevine and didn't draw a bite. Stopped back by Blackmans bridge and caught one.

Fished the lower saluda this afternoon after work... it was tough. Only fish i caught had to have it hung in their face.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

PM sent.

Im fishing it this weekend

Was going to go with my dad but he had to bail. Still may go but weather not looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Im fishing it this weekend
    Well if you fished it this weekend like we did I'm guessing you had the same results. Tough tough fishing. Me and my buddy caught 1 each and those had to be earned. How'd y'all do?

Was the Hell Hole still closed off?

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Was the Hell Hole still closed off?
    I did not go to hell hole but I ran into a fella that said Hell Hole was producing mid week so I assume it's not:

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Well if you fished it this weekend like we did I'm guessing you had the same results. Tough tough fishing. Me and my buddy caught 1 each and those had to be earned. How'd y'all do?

we did well bumping stones Friday. saturday sucked. Water temp change maybe. And not much sun on the water. HH was open. Few people already there so we rode further downstream. Went to chatooga later in the day, with same results.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    we did well bumping stones Friday. saturday sucked. Water temp change maybe. And not much sun on the water. HH was open. Few people already there so we rode further downstream. Went to chatooga later in the day, with same results.
    Yeah temps went from 42 to 37 had I known that I would have stayed home.