Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skinners Deer Processing

Default Skinners Deer Processing

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

That's Simple Man's processor.

That gal needs to clean up her own yard first. Sheesh at the junk laying around.

I've used them several times when I didn't have time to process myself. They do a fine job. Absolutely no complaints as far as the product I've received. With that said, it smells like shit! You can see right into the facility, and it is spotless in there.

They should've never let lab use their bathroom.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Oh man that sucks for them. Deer processing can definitely has a smell. Sometimes stronger than others. But damn if I can't figure out how it would be bad enough to ire a neighbor.

DHEC won't play when they get there. I bet it is a drainage issue. Hope everything works out for them.

Spotless inside or not, my spider senses tend it say it ain’t gonna end well when the local news station shows a 2 minute segment on your stinking ass facility and the highlight of it is deer carcasses laying about the property.

Or is it carcii? I need to check on that.

YES. Good people, and they do a great job with processing. They put the guts and hides in the dumpster containers, then they are dumped by the waste company. What else are they supposed to do? Heck, he's been in the new location for several years now and they are just now complaining?! Gotta love some purple headed people eaters.......

Great family that runs skinners! They didn't have that "smell" until this year when dhec started making them take the guts & hides off in dumpsters. When they were allowed to have a gut pit and cover the pit with lime and dirt the smell was no where near as bad. So this should actually go back on DHEC since skinners is just following their orders.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

I agree that I didn't notice the smell until this year either. Cool folks though. A guy and his son brought a small buck in, and the dad said it was the boys first deer. Owner asked if he wanted to get it mounted or anything, and the dad replied that he wished he could but money was tight.....something of that sort. I then heard the guy that owns the place tell the taxedermist on there to do a euro on the deer and he would take care of it. He did this so the boy didn't hear any of it, nor did the dad. I will keep going as long as his product is good.

Reminds me of the morons over here that buy a house in a new subdivision near one of our many chicken farms and then complain about the smell. New neighborhood, chicken farm been in the area for 50 or 60 years.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I too just started to notice the smell this year. But i have to say, a little over exageration by the purple haired lady. My 6 and three year old have never gagged with the smell and will be munching on snack sticks while watching deer get skinned with a big ol' smile. I hope they get it figured out as it is literally on my way to and from where i hunt.

Hell, just carry the guts to the County dumpster or leave them on side of road. That’s seems to be the thing to do these days

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    I agree that I didn't notice the smell until this year either. Cool folks though. A guy and his son brought a small buck in, and the dad said it was the boys first deer. Owner asked if he wanted to get it mounted or anything, and the dad replied that he wished he could but money was tight.....something of that sort. I then heard the guy that owns the place tell the taxedermist on there to do a euro on the deer and he would take care of it. He did this so the boy didn't hear any of it, nor did the dad. I will keep going as long as his product is good.
    I think the guy that owns it is the same as the taxidermist. There are a few that act like they own it. I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    That gal needs to clean up her own yard first. Sheesh at the junk laying around.
    Agreed. I thought the spray paint job on the storm door was a nice touch too. 30 seconds with some tape would have gone a long way.

I'm generally skeptical of "grown-ups" with purple hair. Just sayin'...

Yankees gonna Yankee.

But Pee Paps house done beent there sixty year.

Default Circle of Snack Sticks

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I too just started to notice the smell this year. But i have to say, a little over exageration by the purple haired lady. My 6 and three year old have never gagged with the smell and will be munching on snack sticks while watching deer get skinned with a big ol' smile. I hope they get it figured out as it is literally on my way to and from where i hunt.
    Eating snack sticks while watching new snack sticks come to life. That is the real circle of life!

I've never used them but am from that area. I could see both sides of this and sure wouldn't want to live downwind of it. FWIW, that area is bringing a good property value for the most part. Not sure about right up beside a place that smells though.

I buried more than a few turkey carcasses in the edge of the woods in the backyard in the subdivision we lived in for 14 years in Simpsonville in town. Was a thin line of woods on a spring that ran between our lot and the houses on the next street. Did it when I didn't have time to haul them off and did a pretty good job of it, no smell or disturbance created. Shortly before we moved I was doing some yard work and needed some dirt. Scraped up a wheel barrel full from the woodline and while digging I kicked up one of those hip bones, leg bones. Looked just like a small child's arm bone or such. I reckon I will see something about that on a WYFF4 segment one day "mass gravesite found in Simpsonville subdivision".
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 02-08-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles