Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madder than a hornet!

My head agrees with you. My heart thinks Osage IS bow wood....period! Sounds like a good post duck season/pre turkey season project, though. Just finished fletching my remaining ash shafts with last spring's turkey feathers. Hickory flatbow for turkey season sounds good.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

tradorion Coots

DOUBLE DAMN!!! First it was Toofer throwing me under the bus and now i got Stripa Jules making mincemeat of my backside... come on now- play pretty!!

Ole Trad is of the school that likes archery in general- shooting compound, recurve and longbow... left and right handed and having lots of fun... never have been one to limit my choices in any aspect of life- that's why Baskin Robbins has 30 some odd flavors and God added redheads and brunettes to the blondes in the world....

R

Tradorion, I agree,. When a person post on a forum about one topic of interest it gives everyone a very narrow view of who you are. I said in an earlier post that my choice of bow's over the years reflect many wild mood swings and there will be more to come. I still get hot and juicy about traditional archery and seem to always end up with a longbow in my hand but I am far from being a purist. I have shot my share of deer with a .270 and this year I have the hots to shoot a deer with a .44mag I got for my birthday, but if the rain and wind holds off I will be in a tree stand in the morning with my osage bow and cane arrows. By the way, I have two weeks off work to hunt and I hope everybody is jealous. I would put up a smillie face but I'm technology challenged and have no friggin idea how. Keep'm sharp.
    \"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men.\" - MAURICE THOMPSON, The Witchery of Archery. 1878

Now traddy poo.....

You know when you take 10 days to bowhunt for elk, the worst side of your friends forced to live vicariously on the friggin internet will come out and rear it's ugly head. It's about time for one of those "primitive" breakfasts so I can here the rest of that story.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

tradorion Coots

I am still feeling the love Jewels.... I am teaching in Columbia on Tues but will be back that eve... able to say hello Wed or Fri... or most times next week.

I am still working the longbow as i still enjoy it the most- maybe if you check the calendar you can make a hunt when they open the Santee Gun CLub for archery deer and hog this November??

And judging by that speed goat picture you have NOTHING to be jealous about!!

T

Keep the cell handy....Wed or Fri might work. Santee hunt sounds like a plan.

Rubberhead