Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edisto and golf carts?

Default Edisto and golf carts?

I didn't want to screw up the other Edisto thread. I saw in that other thread that golf carts are now under a new set of rules? If you are renting a house, let's say for spring break, can you not bring your own golf cart?

Thanks in advance.

Google bro....

http://abcnews4.com/news/local/edist...cart-ordinance

Edisto Beach, S.C. — There are some new rules in place surrounding golf carts in the town of Edisto Beach.

Town council passed the ordinance recently and Edisto Beach police posted a reminder Tuesday on its Facebook page.

According to the new ordinance, golf carts driven in the town now must be registered in the town and can only be used within four miles of the address on the state DMV registration.

Additionally, golf cart drivers must be the owner or long-term leaser of the address where the golf cart is registered in order to drive the cart.

Other new rules include mandatory rearview mirrors, all passengers must have a seat, carts can't be driven at night or at any time windshield wipers are required, and carts can't be able to travel more than 19 miles per hour.

You can register your Golf Cart online at www.townofedistobeach.com.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Screw golf carts down there.....

But if you must, the new law is 4 miles from your house or rental property. I am not actually sure if this includes short term rental.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Thanks bro!

Read it again. ON the DMV registration
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Screw golf carts down there.....

But if you must, the new law is 4 miles from your house or rental property. I am not actually sure if this includes short term rental.
    According to the new ordinance, golf carts driven in the town now must be registered in the town and can only be used within four miles of the address on the state DMV registration.

Additionally, golf cart drivers must be the owner or long-term leaser of the address where the golf cart is registered in order to drive the cart.

to summarize:

If you dont own the house and the cart; No Dice.

I am also betting "long term lease" > one to two weeks.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Guess that screws the businesses that rent carts to people down for vacation.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by First Coat View Post
    Thanks bro!
    I was called 007 the other day by some drunk on here, so I figured I would utilize my mad investigative skillzzzzz.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post

to summarize:

If you dont own the house and the cart; No Dice.

I am also betting "long term lease" > one to two weeks.
    This is excellent news and I imagine probably shared by many long time property owners.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Guess that screws the businesses that rent carts to people down for vacation.
    Adapt or die.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Best thing that could’ve happened.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The beach isn't 4 miles long
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

They changed it from 2 miles for everyone to 4 miles for owners/long term renters. Thus, now the owners can drive anywhere inside the causeway, and everyone else can use Pat and Charlie.

Were I a resident, I think I would be happy with this ordinance. The only downside I could see is that cars take up more room than carts at beach accesses, which will further crowd them.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Were I a resident, I think I would be happy with this ordinance. The only downside I could see is that cars take up more room than carts at beach accesses, which will further crowd them.
    As an occasional tourist, I am happy with this. Nothing worse than trying to drive down jungle road at 10:00 pm behind a line of teenagers weaving all over the road in golf carts driving their drunk Ohioan parents back to the rental house.

The new ordinance will keep me from going back as an annual renter. That's probably what most of the folks who live down there want, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    As an occasional tourist, I am happy with this. Nothing worse than trying to drive down jungle road at 10:00 pm behind a line of teenagers weaving all over the road in golf carts driving their drunk Ohioan parents back to the rental house.
    That was already illegal though.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    That was already illegal though.
    True enough, but if they stop the renters from bringing their carts in the first place, then a lot of that problem ends. Personally, I am ALL FOR golf carts at Edisto. As long as they stay on the golf course.

All this will do is give the home owners a reason to buy a golf cart and charge more for their rental. Golf cart repair business will make a killing on the island

We used to load up like the Clampett's every year and head down there to rent a place for a week. I'd pull the boat and the wife would bring the trailer with the golf cart and the beach gear, cornhole boards, grill (if necessary), and whatever else would fit. We'd park the cars on day one and not crank them back up until it was time to leave. The golf cart rides off of the main roads was part of the appeal for us. Of course, we enjoy the golf cart rides at home after work still as well.