Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tooth Pain!

Y'all are confusing.

you had a bone infection bc of the tooth, not the extraction.

salt muck--if you need a root canal, you will know it. giving you antibiotics is/was a bad idea.

dexis is sold by henry schein.

of the guarantees in life, there are death, taxes, and a cavity/toothache associated with a wisdom tooth situation like this.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 02-06-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I broke one of my molars some time around 2000. It was more than likely due to a cavity that I wasn't aware of because of not going to the dentist like I should have. At that time, the dentist said that I needed a root canal, but I refused. I opted for a crown instead. In August of 2009, I had the pain hit me one night after getting headbutted in the jaw by my daughter. The only thing that I have experienced that was more painful, was a kidney stone. I made it to my dentist the next morning, ready for him do do a root canal right then and there. He called and got me an appointment with an oral surgeon for 2 days later. I went to the surgeon expecting to be told that they would schedule an appointment to do the work in a few days, but he was prepared to do it right then. I walked out of there a couple hours later ready to do cartwheels across the parking lot because of the pain being gone. For those that hate dentist, get over it and go get a checkup at least once a year. Issues with your teeth aren't the only things that a dentist can find out. There are other medical conditions that your dentist can discover, and can let you know that you need to seek medical attention soon.

With all that said, toofer is still an asshole.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    I broke one of my molars some time around 2000. It was more than likely due to a cavity that I wasn't aware of because of not going to the dentist like I should have. At that time, the dentist said that I needed a root canal, but I refused. I opted for a crown instead. In August of 2009, I had the pain hit me one night after getting headbutted in the jaw by my daughter. The only thing that I have experienced that was more painful, was a kidney stone. I made it to my dentist the next morning, ready for him do do a root canal right then and there. He called and got me an appointment with an oral surgeon for 2 days later. I went to the surgeon expecting to be told that they would schedule an appointment to do the work in a few days, but he was prepared to do it right then. I walked out of there a couple hours later ready to do cartwheels across the parking lot because of the pain being gone. For those that hate dentist, get over it and go get a checkup at least once a year. Issues with your teeth aren't the only things that a dentist can find out. There are other medical conditions that your dentist can discover, and can let you know that you need to seek medical attention soon.

With all that said, toofer is still an asshole.
    I can relate to that pain. I had a root canal done. But apparently he didn't do a good job and missed one of the roots. Later another dentist told me he could still see a root and we might need to do another one on it. WTF? Destroy the crown and do it all over again? No thanks. Let's continue to watch it.

Out of the blue one morning I woke up and it was killing me. Of course I was traveling and was in Redmond Washington. I gladly went through a second root canal on the same tooth when I got back home.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 02-06-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Well those evil bastages are out. Just got home in the chair. Let the healing begin!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    tooth pain is incredibly humbling....
    This should come as no surprise to you, but E'RY swinging dick on this forum suffers from tooth pain...

I'm 37, and have wisdom teeth too that have never been taken out. They aren't growing at the angle like the OP's but straight up like normal. They've never given me any problem but every dentist I go to insists on taking them out and I assumed it was a money grab. Am I wrong for never taking them out or am I waiting for this sudden dreadful pain everyone is talking about? I just assumed everything was done growing and moving around by now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If there was a way to permanently avoid kidney stones, would you do it?

I was never told I needed mine out, so, I never got them taken out. Then one night I laid down to go to bed, and the most intense pain of my life shot up through my jaw and all throughout my head. Anytime my head went below parallel, I would have intense jaw pain. I sat straight up to "sleep" for three nights before I could get in to get them taken out. I was at a Carolina football game the next day like nothing had ever happened.

One blessing of having about 7 teeth never develop. No wisdom teeth. But now I'm going through a cycle of having to replace old bridgework with implants.

Went to have a follow up on my current implant, and mentioned a tooth being sensitive to impact. They x-rayed it, said, yeah, it may be about to need a root canal, BUT, by the way, the tooth next to it, that a double bridge is anchored to, has decay under the crown...

I saw a lot of money evaporating.

So, very soon, they'll be extracting THAT mofo, removing the bridge, and punching in two more implants with a bridge between them. FML.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    This should come as no surprise to you, but E'RY swinging dick on this forum suffers from tooth pain...
    i see what you did there...

yikes, swamper. sounds like fun.

to whomever asked about wisdom teeth that "dont hurt"....go back to my post on death and taxes.

IMO, its nice to get everyone's wisdom teeth out while they are still maturing. Saying "i told you so" is actually NOT one of my favorite things to say when these patients come back with a wisdom tooth problem many years later (that I predicted). I dont like emergencies. I like planned extractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwoods View Post
    Been out of the Dental industry for about 5 years now. Who sells DEXray and Proscan?
    I bet with Schick x ray with another shoot I could arm chair diagnose
    I will give glenn a great deal on a digital dental xray unit and then we can all get our teef fixed at glenns. Whatcha think Glenn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can join the military and they'll pull them out for free.. with a set of pliers.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-06-2018 at 01:46 PM.

What if you got them (wisdom teef) and are going on 60. Worry about them now or just wait for when they yank'm all natural like when you're 80 ? Axin for a friend.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I will give glenn a great deal on a digital dental xray unit and then we can all get our teef fixed at glenns. Whatcha think Glenn?

Deal!

My questions are 1) why would God give us more teeth than we need? (rhetorical question here) and 2) what has changed in our way of life to all of a sudden make these teeth "extra" and a source of pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Deal!

My questions are 1) why would God give us more teeth than we need? (rhetorical question here) and 2) what has changed in our way of life to all of a sudden make these teeth "extra" and a source of pain?
    I guess we would have to send the patients back to 2th to actually get something put back in after extractions, unless of course we just focus on wisdom teeth. . We could probably cut corners and offer it after hours at half price too.

Your response prompted me to take a quick look and I read that the earliest evidence of impaction is dated to 10,000-18,000 bc. I bet it hurt way more for way longer back then!

It suggests Something about us not eating as much nuts, berries, foilage, etc so they are not needed and we have evolved w shorter jaws over time but no one knows why some ppl have 4 (or more) and others do not. I guess that depends on what you believe.

I've a buddy who is a dentist, one other than 2th, who seems to enjoy root canals. If you're at Pawley's and 2th is not visiting I'll be glad to hook y'all up. He has to pay for his new boat.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I guess we would have to send the patients back to 2th to actually get something put back in after extractions, unless of course we just focus on wisdom teeth. . We could probably cut corners and offer it after hours at half price too.

Your response prompted me to take a quick look and I read that the earliest evidence of impaction is dated to 10,000-18,000 bc. I bet it hurt way more for way longer back then!

It suggests Something about us not eating as much nuts, berries, foilage, etc so they are not needed and we have evolved w shorter jaws over time but no one knows why some ppl have 4 (or more) and others do not. I guess that depends on what you believe.

We originally did not out live our teeth.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Agreed. Same issue in pets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Says who?

Ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure.

You heal much better when you are younger.