Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tooth Pain!

send them to the ADA page on oil pulling. right next to the charcoal toothpaste info....

and, woodie, he's gonna need one helluva door on that one!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Ive had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed. It was a cake walk. Come back and talk when you have had kidney stones.
    Psalm 23

Chuck Nowland removed his own damn tooth with a rock and an ice skate... ��

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    send them to the ADA page on oil pulling. right next to the charcoal toothpaste info....

I tried that, but then they just come back with their own websites and “science”. I normally just explain that it takes 20 minutes to oil pull and three minutes to brush and floss. I am saving 17 minutes a day of their life.

Same folks that say root canals cause cancer mostly

One too many experiences on the glory hole!

I absolutely hate the dentist. (No offense whatsoever to 2th) Quit going when I was 18, and I’m 35 now. Never had cavities, wisdom teeth removed, nothing. I’d go if you could knock me out at home, load me up, take me to the dentist and wake me up when it’s over and back home. I take care of my teeth best I can.

Good luck with the oral surgeon. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I don’t hear a whole lot about oil pulling in the country. Used to hear some crazy stuff when I practiced behind Earthfare.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

No doubt about that.

Guess he could get himself duct taped to a tree and have his wife take off with the line hooked to the truck bumper with a running start...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    No doubt about that.

Guess he could get himself duct taped to a tree and have his wife take off with the line hooked to the truck bumper with a running start...
    I gotta ask , do you do surgery too? I tried pulling one of my molars once with vise grips. Shoulda went to KRT instead.
    Last edited by HARV; 02-05-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Wierd question, Mars or 2th. Is that an abscess in the molar? I have a sore tooth and the X-ray showed a similar looking dark area in the root. Dentist 1 said it’s abscessed and needs a root canal and crown. Dentist 2 said he doesn’t see anything wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

get your ass drunk and pull that fucker out- if you need instructions there are plenty of you tube videos

Ouch! That looks painful as fuck! 2th, take him to your office and knock him out and send him home with 2 less teeth and a bag of groovy pain meds! Makes me hurt looking at that X-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateAngler View Post
    Chuck Nowland removed his own damn tooth with a rock and an ice skate... ��
    Wiilllllllsooooooooooon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope they get it soon chief!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Wierd question, Mars or 2th. Is that an abscess in the molar? I have a sore tooth and the X-ray showed a similar looking dark area in the root. Dentist 1 said it’s abscessed and needs a root canal and crown. Dentist 2 said he doesn’t see anything wrong.
    Although I’m not mars or 2th, I am a dentist and I cannot see an abscess necessarily on that tooth with the big dark hole in it because I can’t see all the roots. But that big dark hole is decay and it is into the nerve. With his symptoms of “tooth pain” and the fact that the decay is into the nerve it is fair to say it is abscessed. For yours, it’s tough to say without an X-ray and face to face exam.

Slide over to Sumter street and get a couple rocks. That should tide you over til they get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Although I’m not mars or 2th, I am a dentist and I cannot see an abscess necessarily on that tooth with the big dark hole in it because I can’t see all the roots. But that big dark hole is decay and it is into the nerve. With his symptoms of “tooth pain” and the fact that the decay is into the nerve it is fair to say it is abscessed. For yours, it’s tough to say without an X-ray and face to face exam.
    Appreciate the info. It’s hard for me to make a decisions with 2 widely varying opinions. #1 gave me a round of antibiotics and the pain/sensitivity went away after a week. In 12 days, the meds were gone and the sensitivity came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Been out of the Dental industry for about 5 years now. Who sells DEXray and Proscan?
    I bet with Schick x ray with another shoot I could arm chair diagnose

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Slide over to Sumter street and get a couple rocks. That should tide you over til they get it out.
    Hell save that money, and put 6 pebbles in each boot. It will take his mind off the toof. The more he walks the better the tooth feels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had 2 of mine out last year at 31...ended up with Osteomyelitis on my bottom left jaw. Y’all want talk about some pain! Good luck Mars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.