Thread: The selection of a deer cart

Default The selection of a deer cart

Next season I want to try to go deer hunting. I almost collected all the necessary equipment, but I still have one question: Whether I need a deer cart? My friend is very strong in theoretical hunting) and he advised me to choose one of those that are presented in this review https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-deer-cart/. Can someone give an advice about it?

They all fucking suck when you gotta pull one over a mile or so.

What ever one you pick, make sure that one end will reach your tailgate for loading a deer in the truck solo.

I have one that we use on public land and its worth every friggin penny! I've killed a bunch of deer a good ways from the truck and I would have had a heart attack or heat stroke with out it.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesHart View Post
    Next season I want to try to go deer hunting. I almost collected all the necessary equipment, but I still have one question: Whether I need a deer cart? My friend is very strong in theoretical hunting) and he advised me to choose one of those that are presented in this review https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-deer-cart/. Can someone give an advice about it?
    Put your corn pile in a place to which you can drive your truck
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    They all fucking suck when you gotta pull one over a mile or so.
    Beats the hell out of dragging a mile, especially once all the hair rubs off.

I made one from an old push mower handle with the big wheels. Wouldn't trade it for the world but pneumatic tires would be a lot quieter. I imagine the commercial made ones all have pneumatic tires.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I have one that we use on public land and its worth every friggin penny! I've killed a bunch of deer a good ways from the truck and I would have had a heart attack or heat stroke with out it.
    #peasantlife

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Put your corn pile in a place to which you can drive your truck
    Absolutely, and shoot them in the head so they drop in their tracks.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Beats the hell out of dragging a mile, especially once all the hair rubs off.
    I wont argue with that. Ive been on a few short drags that id trade a mile cart pull for haha.

Thought I'd be smart once and stashed my cart by my bow stand. A month later I shot a buck in a different location a mile and a half from the truck. Was too hot to leave the deer so I hitched up and got to dragging. Ended up carrying it over my shoulders the last half mile. Found out quick what shape I was in.
    Cart stays in the truck now.
    Thinking about a used mountain bike for this season. Adapt the cart to tow behind

I think this guy is just trying to get backlinks to his site. You all were tricked.

^^Ding ding ding.^^
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!