View Poll Results: Which deal would you rather have?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5% rate reduction plus $1000

28 45.16%
  • 12% rate reduction

34 54.84%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SCANA

Default SCANA

Which deal would you rather have?

5% rate reduction and $1000

or

12% reduction
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Might as well get the cash in your pocket now.

That shit's gonna jump back up, anyways...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

In the pst ten years all but one SCANA rate increase was due to nuclear project.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Might as well get the cash in your pocket now.

That shit's gonna jump back up, anyways...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    But understand your distrust.

Don't matter to me anymore they do t get my $

I'd rather see them all in jail
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

If you run the numbers ($200 per month was one) the 5% and 1000 back puts you waay ahead. Could easily throw that 1000 in the market and earn $80-90 annually in dividends... compound that over a few years and your doing something. Shoot even throwing that $1000 at some debt gets you more!
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

$ in my pocket 5% reduction with a guarante no rate hike for any reason for 10 years

My January bill was stupid. Like I didn’t get a reach around stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    My January bill was stupid. Like I didn’t get a reach around stupid..
    Mine was nearly $500. But that’s what happens when you try to heat your home with nothing but electricity when it’s that cold. When never had our tstat above 63 durning that time hoping our units would stop running at some point but I don’t think they did.

What are the eligibility requirements for receiving the $1000? Across the board $1000 for each and every account on record? I've had several SCEG accounts simultaneously over the last several years.

I'd love to see the 5% rate reduction for 10 years.

A public lynching for the SCANA executives as well as the REPEAL the Base Load Review Act would be great too.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Mine was nearly $500. But that’s what happens when you try to heat your home with nothing but electricity when it’s that cold. When never had our tstat above 63 durning that time hoping our units would stop running at some point but I don’t think they did.
    Right. I have gas logs but damn..my hvac and water heater are electric. I can’t wait to get to my old home place and get off this shit grid.

Rape. SCANA and Santee/Cooper. Somebody needs to pay up. They fucked the Co-Ops too.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    What are the eligibility requirements for receiving the $1000? Across the board $1000 for each and every account on record? I've had several SCEG accounts simultaneously over the last several years.

I'd love to see the 5% rate reduction for 10 years.

A public lynching for the SCANA executives as well as the REPEAL the Base Load Review Act would be great too.
    The way I understand it is it “per account and kW used in 2017”. Closed your account in 2016. You are out of luck.

Right. I have gas logs but damn..my hvac and water heater are electric. I can’t wait to get to my old home place and get off this shit grid.
    You could go the primitive route and live off the grid. It's one phone call away for ya
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Up here in TR last month. (I have gas heat downstairs and electric heats about 600 sq ft up) I doubled my normal gas usage and my electric was up $100 over average same month last year. Yes it was cold, but I was $225 over average. My electric bill DOES NOT go down in the winter. This is with Duke energy obviously
    Go Tigers!!!

Need a good o’l wood burning stove. Not a wood burning fireplace...stove.

What I would like to see is a sharing of the pain so to speak. Shareholders got quarterly dividends off of the backs of rate payers even when it was apparent that they were deep in the red and steady digging deeper. Ordinary companies would consider that losses, yet money was flowing as if the good times would never end.

I want the 12%. The $1000. And take the parachutes, pension, retirement, and every other damn nickel and dime these lying sack of shit directors gave themselves.

Take some of the money you save and buy beer with it. Then just blow the rest of it.

I would spilt the money between three things.

1 clothes
    2 bubbly water
    3 Reeses Cups