Thread: First TIGER in NFL HOF, Congrats to Brian Dawkins

Default First TIGER in NFL HOF, Congrats to Brian Dawkins

— Brian Dawkins, safety (1996-2008 Philadelphia Eagles, 2009-2011 Denver Broncos) A nine-time Pro Bowler, Dawkins collected 37 career interceptions.

Great to see him getting into Canton and the gold jacket
    Last edited by tprice; 02-04-2018 at 08:28 AM.

No way he beat Deshaun in,.....better double check that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Congrats to Mr. Dawkins.

Don't put DW4 in the HOF just yet CD. I mean, he's only a rookie. A rookie with 2 surgically repaired knees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Congrats to Mr. Dawkins.

Don't put DW4 in the HOF just yet CD. I mean, he's only a rookie. A rookie with 2 surgically repaired knees.
    He's 1-0 when his ACL is torn
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Well deserved. Dawkins was a helluva player

He has a total of 99 INT’s, Sacks and Forced Fumbles. I think that’s the highest ever for an NFL DB
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    He has a total of 99 INT’s, Sacks and Forced Fumbles. I think that’s the highest ever for an NFL DB
    You took the time to look the stats up and Wikipedia said ( I Think ). Must be some of that rebuilding/reloaded jibber jabber.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    You took the time to look the stats up and Wikipedia said ( I Think ). Must be some of that rebuilding/reloaded jibber jabber.
    No sir. I heard it yesterday on my television set. What I did look up on Wikipedia was Ed Reed, who I consider the best safety ever. Reed only had 6 sacks, which surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    No sir. I heard it yesterday on my television set. What I did look up on Wikipedia was Ed Reed, who I consider the best safety ever. Reed only had 6 sacks, which surprised me.
    Ronnie Lott farts in ed reeds general direction.

But even his numbers are not as good as Dawkins. 26 more interceptions but 20 less forced fumbles and 17.5 fewer sacks.

Congrats Mr Dawkins. Well deserved.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I met Brian dawkins in the locker room in jacksonville at the gator bowl. Told him i played both ways at QB and DB. I was just a kid barely on JV at the time. He said, “Focus on DB, we like to crush QB’s”. My uncle was also a scout at the time for the Philadelphia Eagles, so obviously you know how that worked out and i knew of and went looking for Dawkins for an autograph that day. I’ll spare y’all my growing up kind of a Clemson fan. Clearly that changed thru blood, sweat, tears, and lots of money invested in South Carolina. I only say that to say, he was and remained thru his career one of my favorite football players of all time.
    He was the best at his craft.
    Hit like an absolute freight train.
    And understood the game like a true pro.
    He was one of those guys you could just watch and truly appreciate on the field.

Well deserved! Will be pulling for the Eagles tonight.