Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New! $850 & $950 Sitka Waders!

Default New! $850 & $950 Sitka Waders!

All fall and early winter, rumors in the waterfowl hunting world spread about a new SITKA wader. These rumors are confirmed with the Delta and Delta Zip Wader, released last week at SHOT Show.

At their base, the Delta Waders use Gore-Tex Pro fabric, a durable and proven waterproof-breathable membrane. These waders promise long-lasting durability in addition to tech and performance.

But all these features come at a price (literally). SITKA’s Delta line will tip the scales with a retail price starting at $850. The total package, according to representatives of the brand, is “one of the most highly anticipated product launches in SITKA waterfowl history.”

Sitka chest deep gore tex pro wader

SITKA Gear Serviceable Hunting Waders
    First things first – $800+ for a pair of waders? That is far beyond budget for most people. You can buy inexpensive waders for one-tenth the cost.

But the incorporation of Gore-Tex Pro, in addition to the SITKA’s repair policy, means the Deltas will last about as long as anyone would need them.

Hardcore waterfowl hunters wear through and damage waders. And often they will throw them away because there’s a lack of repair options. But SITKA can repair Delta Waders if they leak.

To build the burly waders, SITKA partnered with Kokatat, a U.S.-based industry leader in Gore-Tex-constructed drysuits. To that extent, much of Kokata’s line lasts beyond 10 years.

Plus, the Delta Waders service program will have a menu of options to repair seam tape and pinholes as well as remove and attach new boots. All options are non-insulated and constructed with layering capability to allow for usage in varying hunting conditions.

Designed for Comfort: Delta Wader
    SITKA set out to construct a durable wader with as much comfort as possible. Thus, the knees articulate to allow ease of movement when setting decoys and holding tight in the blind.

Sitka chest deep gore tex pro waderAs waterfowlers know, this flurry of activity in setup causes sweat buildup, followed by hours of waiting for birds to fly in.

The four-layer Gore-Tex Pro laminate pulls moisture off the body and keeps any water from coming in. Weight stays at a minimum, allowing you to insulate appropriately for early- to late-season conditions.

The integrated Lacrosse Aeroform boots range from size 8 to 13, with injection-molded 1,500-gram insulation.

Plus, the Aeroform secures with a heatable adhesive for ease of repair. That is an industry first.

SITKA Waterfowl Hunting Line
    The Delta and Delta Zip Wader come in 38 sizes in SITKA’s Timber and Marsh colors. SITKA claims this is its final piece in the waterfowl line, but we have a feeling it’s not going to be the last innovative product the brand launches in this category.

The Delta Zip Wader will run $950, and the Delta Wader is $850. They will be integrated into other gear systems currently offered. Look for them on SITKA’s site this summer.

https://gearjunkie.com/sitka-delta-waders

Hell yeah, that’s a deal

I don't think so! Not for me at least.

I’ve said that Kokatat or other dry suit makers should get into the waterfowl game for years. Why waders? Give me a full gore Tex, five grommet, camo dry suit with pisser zipper, and I’ll be first in line to drop 1,500 on one. The ones they make for kayaking take absolute beatings in thick, creek side mountain brush and mid-stream boulders...and if you have the unfortunate experience of getting worked in a big rapid and have to bail and swim for it, they keep you dry while allowing you to swim for your Fugganoid life in class 6 whitewater. A well designed hunting drysuit would be warm and lite and nimble not to mention a shitpile safer than chest waders. Unfortunately, they won’t get to that level until they milk the piss out of everyone who will buy these 900$ waders.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 03-14-2018 at 06:02 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

For $900 they better come with a hot super model inside of them to service me while I hunt!!

Pretty steep, but if they truly last and are repairable then could maybe be worth it. Sounds like most guys are getting 2-3yrs on their waders now? I have waders but don't hunt out of them that often and take care of mine so they last longer than normal. I would be curious to see how these new high dollar ones hold up to regular waterfowl use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I’ve said that Kokatat or other dry suit makers should get into the waterfowl game for years. Why waders? Give me a full gore Tex, five grommet, camo dry suit with pisser zipper, and I’ll be first in line to drop 1,500 on one. The ones they make for kayaking take absolute beatings in thick, creek side mountain brush and mid-stream boulders...and if you have the unfortunate experience of getting worked in a big rapid and have to bail and swim for it, they keep you dry while allowing you to swim for your Fugganoid life in class 6 whitewater. A well designed hunting drysuit would be warm and lite and nimble not to mention a shitpile safer than chest waders. Unfortunately, they won’t get to that level until they milk the piss out of everyone who will buy these 900$ waders.
    Check it out: https://www.predatorgear.com/
    DILLIGAF

Just make some with a zipper and buttflap both, already! Would be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    I started to sweat by just looking at that suit.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Should pay for themselves in ....um ...twenty or so years .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Well, sonofabitch! Will be seriously considering a purchase.

I don’t for the life of me understand how guys destroy waders in a season or two. I’ve had the same pair of Cabela’s 5ml Brush Tuff waders for over 8 years. I’ve climbed iced up rocks, trudged through briars, waded through cattails and swamp brush over my head, worn those waders from Alaska to Florida with many places in between, and I can put them on tomorrow and still be dry. I clean them good after the season is over, Armor All the boots, and store them in my closet. It sounds like a good deal on those waders when you look at the long term services you get with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I don’t for the life of me understand how guys destroy waders in a season or two. I’ve had the same pair of Cabela’s 5ml Brush Tuff waders for over 8 years. I’ve climbed iced up rocks, trudged through briars, waded through cattails and swamp brush over my head, worn those waders from Alaska to Florida with many places in between, and I can put them on tomorrow and still be dry. I clean them good after the season is over, Armor All the boots, and store them in my closet. It sounds like a good deal on those waders when you look at the long term services you get with them.
    Well, I somehow figure out how to find a Hawthorne tree or piece of underwater wire fence. I bought a high dollar, super bad pair of waders last year with a couple of days left in the season. Wore them 13 times this year...the last two times were with a nice, fat fence wire hole in them that I managed to poke through the boot with only three days of the season left. Hoping the dive shop up the road will be able to fix them, but I’m not too confident.

My current pair of waders developed a hole in the boot the first time I wore them. It was a half burried barbed wire fence. A little aqua seal fixed em right up. Hoping to get one more season out of them. 3 years is about max life for me.
    Last edited by Gander; 03-16-2018 at 02:51 PM.

If it truly were the last pair of waders you'd ever need, I could see the sense in this. You're replacing disposable with something that lasts and can actually be repaired when necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Like major overhaul repair, not a dab of aqua seal here and there...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

All I know to say here is that the Academy waders are like $200 and I haven't been able to tear them up in 4 years.

Has anyone seen these yet? Or bought a pair?

I'm by no means cheap, tight or thrifty, but I will never own a paif those or Banded brand waders.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

There is a dry suit maker with a camo suit. $899 starting price.