Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blind Bag Recommendation

Of course not

Sitka timber pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dry Case roll top. Have used one for 5 years now, impregnable.

I use the small Avery bag and like it a lot. Small but big enough for a box of shells, small thermos, toilet paper, stocking cap, and gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I've been really happy with the cabelas waterfowl rucksack.
    I started hunting with one after my first trip west, when I was in high school, 20+ years ago. I still use it and maybe on my 3rd one, they are good bags

I have an Avery. It's a bag and it holds stuff. Get a bag big enough to hold what you want to carry, pretty simple.

I went from a shoulder bag to a backpack this year. I cram anything and everything in it. I walk 1/4 mile or so to each of my impoundments. I got the drake one with a rubber bottom.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Does anyone have a blind bag that they like? Hunting out of a pirogue leads to everything getting wet. I use a plastic ammo can, but that has zero organization and still let water in when I rolled the pirogue. I'd like something with a rubber bottom and waterproof or at least water resistant sides/top.
    I wana hear about you rolling it
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Large drake floating blind bag. It works well for what you doing'

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Usually I just put shells in my front wader pocket, neck gaiter stays on or stuffed in my waders if I take it off (same w/ gloves), head lamp goes into front right pocket when I'm done with it, lanyard stays around my neck until I'm in the truck.

If I'm going to be wading in timber or bringing some food, I wear a Filson strap vest. I can keep hooks, food, gps and anything else in there between the two pockets on the front and the game pouch. I used to carry a blind bag but got tired of lugging it around. Never saw the need for waterproof, but I don't bring anything that water will likely affect.
    This
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

We use shell buckets in our pirogues in the marsh. Add one of these lids to a 5 gallon bucket. Air tight, waterproof. I carry cameras, spotlight, shells, calls, snacks, drinks, bug spray, electronic ear hearing protection, etc. Sit on the bucket when you get blinded in for your hunt.

I've tried "blind bags" in a pirogue and every bag eventually gets wet inside. Nothing will get wet in a shell bucket.

I've never rolled a pirogue but if I do my stuff will stay dry should that day come.

https://www.amazon.com/Gamma2-4123-G...with+screw+lid
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Badlands backpack. Ultra day pack is the one I have. Got it as a gift cause I sure wouldn't have paid what they retail for. But I have been very pleased. I can even strap my gun to it and walk hands free with a few decoys dangling from the clip-on bird strap I have on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunti....uts?slotId=12

I have this one. Been happy with it. I carry two boxes of shells, 2-3 bottles of water, snacks, head lamp, gun cleaning gear, e collar and remote, small pack wet wipes and gloves and hat. Thermos in the outside pouch. Room to spare, carries well with a good strap, not too big.

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    I wana hear about you rolling it
    I was floating down some current shooting ducks pushed out from the ice during the middle of the cold snap, and I bumped a log that I didn't see. I was looking at my pirogue from underneath before I knew what happened. Water was chilly, air temp was 28 I think. I tipped it and filled it another morning before shooting time, but it was shallow. I like to sit on a milk crate when going any distance since it makes paddling so much easier, but that raises your center of gravity a lot. If you see a log or anything coming, you can slam it and be fine. If you aren't expecting a jolt, it's easy to stick an arm out to the "ground" to catch yourself and end up wet. I'd have to try to sink it if I always sat on the floor.

I'm OCD and the organization of pockets/dividers appeals to me, but I'll likely just keep the bag I have and put it in a bucket. The main thing I'd want to keep waterproof that I don't have in a pocket is a jacket. I don't like getting sweaty on paddle in while wearing a jacket and then getting cold when I'm hunting.

5 gallon bucket is the ticket bro. If that's not enough room go with 7 gallon with the same screw on lid I posted.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill