Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blind Bag Recommendation

Default Blind Bag Recommendation

Does anyone have a blind bag that they like? Hunting out of a pirogue leads to everything getting wet. I use a plastic ammo can, but that has zero organization and still let water in when I rolled the pirogue. I'd like something with a rubber bottom and waterproof or at least water resistant sides/top.
    Last edited by WNM; 01-31-2018 at 10:12 AM.

I don’t remember the brand, but I picked up a camo, waterproofed bottom, backpack at Simpson’s Hardware in Sumter that works great for me.
    I also hunt in and out of small boats and mud/water inside in inevitable.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I've been really happy with the cabelas waterfowl rucksack.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I bought one of those Drake floating ones for that reason. I used to use a nicer one, but it was just a pain in the ass honestly. I like it other than trying to reach through the clear plastic once a morning, or the fact it only has one compartment. I'd like to have one with a split in it or two. I had an old Avery one that I toted for like a decade. It's nice to have two bags honestly.. A proper one, small, that it's for real blinds.. And a big one that you can use out of the boat or for when you're afar.

I went from a bag to a backpack several years ago. It’s a Drake and works well.

Get one a size larger than everyone else has, to accommodate your socks

I've had large drake one, only product of theirs i have, its held up well goes on the big boat, i have an old army handbag, fits my facemask, calls, box shells, headlamp and such pretty well...thinking about waxing it here shortly...everything gets wet when i hunt out my one man, just pull it all out and let it air dry when i get home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Ive often thought about switching to a backpack. I tend to be gear heavy with extra clothes and some food and binos and such. I have an old avery floating bag ive had 15 years and I use a little mccalister ditty bag for walk in hunts. I know several with that drake backpack and they seem to like it
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I have this and really like it. I realize the link says something about a jerk rig, but its to a backpack.

https://rigemright.com/shop/mega-mot...k-rig-493.html
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

I've been using a Dry case back pack for the past 2 seasons. I'll never go back to a traditional blind bag.

Usually I just put shells in my front wader pocket, neck gaiter stays on or stuffed in my waders if I take it off (same w/ gloves), head lamp goes into front right pocket when I'm done with it, lanyard stays around my neck until I'm in the truck.

If I'm going to be wading in timber or bringing some food, I wear a Filson strap vest. I can keep hooks, food, gps and anything else in there between the two pockets on the front and the game pouch. I used to carry a blind bag but got tired of lugging it around. Never saw the need for waterproof, but I don't bring anything that water will likely affect.

I use the tanglefree waterfowlers backpack and lime it just fine. Tanglefree came out with a new one last fall called the “go to” bag. It’s awesome. Sold out really quickly and wasn’t able to get one. Might be available now. Worth looking into. Available in the two optifade patterns I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"Go to Know\"

Plano dry box for me. It doubles as a seat too.

I’ve never understood the need to bring a giant duffle bag of shit hunting. Spare clothes and emergency gear go in a dry bag that stays in the boat storage.

Plano box
    It's always High Tide in the High Tide

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Usually I just put shells in my front wader pocket, neck gaiter stays on or stuffed in my waders if I take it off (same w/ gloves), head lamp goes into front right pocket when I'm done with it, lanyard stays around my neck until I'm in the truck.

If I'm going to be wading in timber or bringing some food, I wear a Filson strap vest. I can keep hooks, food, gps and anything else in there between the two pockets on the front and the game pouch. I used to carry a blind bag but got tired of lugging it around. Never saw the need for waterproof, but I don't bring anything that water will likely affect.
    x2 Filson strap vest is the way to go.
    cut\'em

I mean I would carry a backpack if I was going on a trek or something.. but otherwise I would feel like I'm back in school. I'm too cool for that.

But most hunts I'm wearing a vest.

i hate to bring up sitka again. But there timber backpack is awesome. i got it as a gift from my wife and have been pleased with it for two seasons

I've got just what you need in the TP. Floats, rubber bottom, and keeps stuff dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    But most hunts I'm wearing a vest.
    And tie?