Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Keep outta his lake

I remember back in like 8th grade (mid 80's) that a family friend old timer that used to walk the sound side for crab pot floats and stuff after a noreaster found a body stuffed in a bag. Really messed old Roy up mentally for a few years. That was on Ocracoke Island. It was also about the time that someone up around Kinnakeet (Avon) found remains stuffed in a crab pot. Rumor was it was someone on the islands cousin that had gone missing. Rough times back then. The inlet was deeper then and you could about walk across Silver Lake in the winter with all the trawlers that would come in and off load. I think all the "square grouper" went across the sound to Swan Quarter, Engelhard, or Manns Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Holy crap he is a spitting image of a local blufftonian!
    Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbird View Post
    I remember back in like 8th grade (mid 80's) that a family friend old timer that used to walk the sound side for crab pot floats and stuff after a noreaster found a body stuffed in a bag. Really messed old Roy up mentally for a few years. That was on Ocracoke Island. It was also about the time that someone up around Kinnakeet (Avon) found remains stuffed in a crab pot. Rumor was it was someone on the islands cousin that had gone missing. Rough times back then. The inlet was deeper then and you could about walk across Silver Lake in the winter with all the trawlers that would come in and off load. I think all the "square grouper" went across the sound to Swan Quarter, Engelhard, or Manns Harbor.
    This man knows what is up. At one time, I owned a lot of property in Kinnakeet Village (Avon).

Quote Originally Posted by Nolo Contendere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Roid Rage is a terrible thing.
    Yep, knuckle dragger.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"