Thread: Columbus, Ms

Default Columbus, Ms

I'm finally leaving Illinois and Uncle Sam is sending me to Columbus, Mississippi. Anybody been in the area? Waterfowl and Deer seem to be the big thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    I'm finally leaving Illinois and Uncle Sam is sending me to Columbus, Mississippi. Anybody been in the area? Waterfowl and Deer seem to be the big thing.

Huge refuge near ms state campus which is 30 min away u can kill some decent deer and put in for a waterfowl quota hunt. The delta is only 3 hours max away which has some awesome waterfowl hunting if u have a jon boat and know how to scout!

Turkey hunting in that area is primo.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Turkey hunting in that area is primo.
    That's what I like to hear. I'm over Illinois turkey hunting

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Pretty good hydrilla lake near there holds a pile of grey ducks at certain times of the year
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I look forward to seeing how you do down there.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter