Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/U Turkey Slayer

Default O/U Turkey Slayer

If one were to build a 20 gauge o/u for Turkey hunting and did not want to break the bank what would you buy $500ish range?

I will hang up now and listen...
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I heard good stuff about that Turkish rig that Academy was selling.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Stevens 555. A buddy of mine has one and it is nasty.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I bought one off a boy at work. I dont shoot it often, I think like once, but it seems fine for what it is. Yildez or something?

Academy sells the Yildiz. Decent gun for the price. We have a couple at the farm that we loan out for dove hunting.

It would be cooler if you built a 410

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    Stevens 555. A buddy of mine has one and it is nasty.
    My next project will be a 20 gauge O/U turkey gun. Savage 555 is what I’ll go with. The Swamp Czar has one and it is a bad ass little setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    My next project will be a 20 gauge O/U turkey gun. Savage 555 is what I’ll go with. The Swamp Czar has one and it is a bad ass little setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's whose gun I am referring too. its fucking nasty

Has Savage got that 555 double shot with one pull of the trigger figured out? I was going to give the gun a try until I read a few reviews. Granted that was a year or more ago.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    That's whose gun I am referring too. its fucking nasty
    Indeed

Find a Franchi Diamond, a Dicks exclusive gun. They can be had cheap and are damn good little guns.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

To each his own i guess. My philosophy has always been: If you are hunting any feathered animal with wings, take a gun that can hold as many shells as the law will allow.

The Stevens 555 that Ben's son carries is awesome. He has the matching camo thing and all
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I have a Baikal 20 gauge o/u and it has been a great $300 gun. The receiver is a little snug but I polished it up. Never shot a turkey with it but killed a many doves.

Anybody have the picture of youngun’s o/u? Did he have a Burris speed beed mounted on his?
    Last edited by BugBuster; 01-30-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I bought one of these when Academy was having some silly low sale on them. I've only ever dove hunted with it and let my girlfriend tote it in the turkey woods. For the money it's a great little gun and it patterned really well with Hevi shot 6's and their standard full chokes. It got even better with some Trulock extended chokes. I don't think you can go wrong with the Yildiz or the Stevens.

26” or 28”?

Check out the tristar o/u.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Think this is what your referring to, snapped a pic of it last year when I saw it in that thread. Working on my own right now.
    985AA1CA-66A5-4501-9177-BC899D1B3C2E.jpg

2013 Spring Turkey Champs