Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire Questions

Default Tire Questions

The old BFG KOs are nearly spent. KO2 doesn't interest me. I would like a hybrid/inbetweener or an aggressive at. Was planning to throw on the Mastercraft CT or Cooper STT, but the tire man says Cooper has a recall on, so I might be better off with another brand. Anyone have the Toyo CT or Rxt? If so, how is the noise, performance, and durability on a half ton? Anything else similar to consider? I need something that can handle red clay and swamp roads, but ride decent on the highway and have good life. Would rather not go to an MT. Must be available in load range E, 33", and 17" rims.

Falken Wildpeak AT3 is what I went with. Very pleased.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I didn’t run the toyo you mentioned but I was SUPER impressed wit the Toyos that I did run.

When my Nittos wear it I prolly going back to the toyo MT
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I'm putting Toyo RT on my Tundra next.

Ran CTs on my Super Dutys for many years...several sets got 60k+. Good ride, relatively quiet and had a good look to them as well.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 02-03-2018 at 09:47 AM.

R/T were on my 1500 and now on my 2500. I’m going to get 50,000 out of this set. They are not very loud at all. Just a slight hum. They pull well off road.
    Go Tigers!!!

I've gotten 100k+ miles out of every set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires I've ever owned. Great on the road, okay on mud roads...

Last edited by Rubberhead*; 02-03-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I had the CT's, they were loud and shook pretty bad. I love my KO's and put a set of KO2's on my f150. I like them a lot. General grabber ATS is a great tire too for the money
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Falken Wildpeak AT3 is what I went with. Very pleased.
    X2 Got mine at discount tire in lexington. They were on back order. Called Falken and the rep said the tire was on an aprox three week back order. The tire was a bigger hit than they had thought it would be. Called back to discount tire and ordered them. They called back in 19 days and had the tires. Very pleased with them so far.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Nitto Ridge Grappler.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by scslayer View Post
    I'm putting Toyo RT on my Tundra next.
    Smart man.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Toyo RT
    Nitto Ridge Grappler
    Toyo Open Country AT Xtreme

Feet’s love his Kelly Safari TSR’s
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    X2 Got mine at discount tire in lexington. They were on back order. Called Falken and the rep said the tire was on an aprox three week back order. The tire was a bigger hit than they had thought it would be. Called back to discount tire and ordered them. They called back in 19 days and had the tires. Very pleased with them so far.

They were on backorder due to the molding process. The tread wasn’t sticking. Coming apart like recaps you see on the interstate.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I've been very pleased with the Kenda Klever AT KR28. Light hum and work well in mud and dirt. KRT might know more about these.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I've gotten 100k+ miles out of every set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires I've ever owned. Great on the road, okay on mud roads...

X2. I always end up back in a Michelin due to road handling, lack of noise, and longevity. I’m in a LTX AT2 on my F150 currently. Couldn’t be happier. Never tried a toyo. Had awful life out of 2 pair of nitros.

Toyo RT

What about the General Grabber X3s? They look pretty aggressive and are supposed to do well on pavement fro. What I have read.
    Psalm 23

Sorry, haven't been on in a few. Work is steady right now. I appreciate the feedback. I like the Toyo RT, General x3, and Kelly TSR. The TSR is a load D tire, in the 285, so that's out.

In the Toyo RT, It looks like the 285 would work (33")

In the General, they have a 285 (32.7") and a 295 (33.3") option.

KRT, would the 33.3" tire stuff under a stock 2011 F150?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Nitto Ridge Grappler.
    This, they pull well in the mud also.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Sorry, haven't been on in a few. Work is steady right now. I appreciate the feedback. I like the Toyo RT, General x3, and Kelly TSR. The TSR is a load D tire, in the 285, so that's out.

In the Toyo RT, It looks like the 285 would work (33")

In the General, they have a 285 (32.7") and a 295 (33.3") option.

KRT, would the 33.3" tire stuff under a stock 2011 F150?
    yes sir
    More fuel = more boost!!