Thread: NRA Board of Directors Soldier of Fortune Editor Lt Col Robert K. Brown

Default NRA Board of Directors 2018 Soldier of Fortune Editor Lt Col Robert K. Brown

https://www.sofmag.com/lt-col-robert...for-nra-board/

Bob Brown is a good friend and he has also endorsed me at the bottom of the article and others. I am from South Carolina. Born here.
    Last edited by Hummer; 01-29-2018 at 09:55 AM.
    Distinguished Rifleman High Power & Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), US Palma & Dewar Teams , Formerly US Army Picatinny Arsenal Small Cal Wpns Lab, Spec Projects Group Dover Devil Cal 50 Machinegun , Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Prov Gnd, Member Int Wound Ballistics Assn., consultant to Fed Law Enf Tng Ctr, Glynco, US Border Pat, Defense Crim Inv Service, Army Munitions and Chem Cmd, Army Wound Ballistics Lab, NRA Life 1972, AC4HT, Firefighter 1, Shriner

MR. MARK HUMPHREVILLE
    AIKEN, SOUTH CAROLINA
    NRA Benefactor. Certified Aberdeen Proving Ground Small Arms Test Director. The Commandant USMC recognized him for “exceptional performance” for his Technical Feasibility Testing that fielded the M16A2 Rifle. The Army Materials Systems Analysis Activity selected him to conduct the accuracy dispersion validation of the first AK74 acquired by the U.S. The Army Armament Research and Development Commanding General awarded him a Commendation for his work on the Dover Devil Machinegun program. He provided firearms consultations for the U.S. Border Patrol, Immigration & Naturalization Service, Defense Criminal Investigative Service, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. A former member Interagency Advisory Committee on Security Equipment: Washington and the International Wound Ballistics Association. He provided sworn public corruption witness testimony before the House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Oversight. Supporter of NRA’s “national concealed carry” plan. President’s 100, Double Distinguished, campaign volunteer for pro-gun candidates, fire/rescue volunteer, Eagle Scout, Shriner.
    Last edited by Hummer; 02-21-2018 at 03:31 AM.
    Distinguished Rifleman High Power & Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), US Palma & Dewar Teams , Formerly US Army Picatinny Arsenal Small Cal Wpns Lab, Spec Projects Group Dover Devil Cal 50 Machinegun , Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Prov Gnd, Member Int Wound Ballistics Assn., consultant to Fed Law Enf Tng Ctr, Glynco, US Border Pat, Defense Crim Inv Service, Army Munitions and Chem Cmd, Army Wound Ballistics Lab, NRA Life 1972, AC4HT, Firefighter 1, Shriner

The hard copy NRA magazines finished mailing Friday. The First class ballots for digital subscribers go out tomorrow so everyone should have their ballot by this coming Wednesday. On the magazine ballots there are multiple reports of the glue not wanting to seal on the envelopes the ballots are sent back in thus it is recommended to reinforce the glue strip with tape before you put it in the mail. They have to be back by March 15th.

There is one more name on the ballot from South Carolina, Herb Lanford who is currently serving. .

We have been friends since the 7th grade as we are both from Spartanburg

We are not running against each other so you can vote for both of us. All the other Southern states have two directors to five directors but South Carolina has only had one. Hopefully we will have two from now on.

We are both endorsed by Gun Owners of South Carolina on their website.

http://gosc.org/
    Last edited by Hummer; 02-04-2018 at 01:25 AM.

I'm not in the NRA but I'll vote for George jones with an m16 any day.

Bob Brown is the name of one the guys on “The Unit”. Coincidence? Hmmm....
    Last edited by wskinner; 02-04-2018 at 10:27 AM.

If GOA is in favor I'm in favor.

However, why does each does each state need more than 1 director?

I'd be fine with you being the one director, but it seems as though this is more of a ceremonious distinction rather than a actual director once you get over 1.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Welcome to the site and Thank you for all you have done for our nation and for all firearms owners.

There are 75 directors and 1/3rd are elected every year. I just did a study of the directors I knew and NC and GA have 2, Fla had 3, Texas has 5 and they could probably have ten if 5 more ran out there as their state association has enough members to generate enough votes. 2.5 million ballots are sent out, takes about 72,000 to make the cut and of the 2.5 million only about 120 to 130K vote each year. Obviously most don't know anyone running so they don't vote or they take the Nominating Committee recommendations.

This year the Nominating Committee renominated a director that did not show up for meetings Rather than write lots more take a look at the attendees below and how well they attended last three years. Go to page 2 and scroll down and you will see the ones running this year and next year attendance records. Two were nominated this year and had their names removed. Five got replaced last year so they decided to up the requirements to get on the ballot from 250 to 653. I went to seven gun shows in 8 weeks in a 180 mile radius of Aiken to get my signatures. Obviously this requirement completely eliminates potential new folks from even getting signatures. I read where Lt Col Allen West was last one elected by petition only.

Once you are on the board you don't have to get any more signatures. There are like 3 this year that were nominated by the committee and took the time/effort to get enough signatures. Open below and take a look. Scroll down to bottom of second page. The rest didn't even bother to go get signatures as they knew the Nominating Committee would automatically put them on the ballot and did..

http://m14forum.com/gun-rights/41745...lection-2.html Scroll down to second page till you see two spread sheets.

It is very hard to get in the door with so many auto voters voting for Nominating Committee Recommendations.

PERSONALLY I'D RATHER HAVE FOLKS REPRESENTING ME THAT LIVE IN PRO GUN STATES.

JUST THINK HOW NICE IT WOULD BE TO HAVE 400 TREY GOWDY'S IN CONGRESS AND WE ARE EVEN LOSING HIM NOW.

That is why I only vote for the hard core ones I want, and no others.
    Last edited by Hummer; 02-09-2018 at 03:04 AM.

All ballots have been in the mail at least 5 days. If you don't have yours call 800 672 3888 and tell them you need a ballot. It has to be in my middle of March if I am note mistaken.

Yesterday I got in touch with friends locally and in Iowa and none of them have got their ballots yet. Check your February Mags. On the front cover in lower right hand corner is VOTE in 1" high letters.

If you have not got a ballot yet and have been a member 5 years without a break or currently a life member call 800 672-3888 and have your member number ready and ask for a ballot. thanks much for the help.