Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, I don't get it.

Default So, I don't get it.

My partner is from Baltimore. Every year he goes home for a week this time of year and hunts. This year, he hunted the XXXXXXXX river, and had excellent hunting. Blacks, mallards, gadwall, enviable bags. Some days they are the only boat at the landing. Some days there is one other group of hunters. In South Carolina, if there was any such public hunting to be had, you would have to walk at least half a mile to park your boat, and the hunting would quickly be ruined anyway. Whats up with this waterhead state? He said that it was miserably cold. Maybe that was keeping people home.

Fuck Maryland first of all. Second of all the heybos of this state can fuck up a wet dream.
    cut\'em

You 'partner' is a man? I'm not judging. I just wasn't expecting that.

Somebody always wants something they can't have. And we do have ducks here, you just have to know how, when , and where to hunt them. And our private lands that hold the big numbers will rival any place out of state I'm willing to bet.
    867-5309

miserably cold keeps them at home here too

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Somebody always wants something they can't have. And we do have ducks here, you just have to know how, when , and where to hunt them. And our private lands that hold the big numbers will rival any place out of state I'm willing to bet.
    Our private lands are good but they aren't that good. You need to venture way west of the Mississippi
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Our private lands are good but they aren't that good. You need to venture way west of the Mississippi
    Not saying all our private lands could rival. And I'm not comparing numbers, I'm just comparing quality of hunt. A limit is a limit whether here or there. Fact of the matter is we have plenty of ducks.
    867-5309

A limit south-of-the-border is a little different though

But per capita, we've got more people that wear camo... I'm not saying hunters by my definition but people that shoot at things.

Different culture. Maryland has more residents than SC. But SC has more than 3 times the number of hunting licenses sold every year.

https://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/subpage...ort%202017.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Second of all the heybos of this state can fuck up a wet dream.
    So very true. I won't go into the ACE Basin because of em. They will set up right on you and I'm not getting up at 3 am to fight with dickheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    But per capita, we've got more people that wear camo... I'm not saying hunters by my definition but people that shoot at things.
    well said.

Partner. You know, like dude you're in business with.

Doing the business with another dude is unsavory.

And our private lands that hold the big numbers will rival any place out of state I'm willing to bet.
    Not even close
    80-20 Genaration

Not saying all our private lands could rival. And I'm not comparing numbers, I'm just comparing quality of hunt. A limit is a limit whether here or there. Fact of the matter is we have plenty of ducks.
    I have been on the inside of the dike plenty of times and there is quality there and there can be quality on the outside of the dike too but it isn't even a comparison to some places out west. 25k mallards stacked above a field. stuff like that. The only thing I would say is fairly plentiful in the ACE Basin comparatively is mottled ducks. Between the Mississippi river and the Pacific ocean there is duck hunting that will blow your mind.
    cut\'em

What's about jabs
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Doing the business with another dude is unsavory.
    Makes me want to eat a Tide Pod or 10 just hearing about that...

I would be willing to bet he wasn't hunting "public land". MD has registered blind sites. Land owners have first dibs on securing their shoreline, but if they miss the deadline too bad. The public land without blind sites, etc is like you would expect.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    My partner is from Baltimore. Every year he goes home for a week this time of year and hunts. This year, he hunted the XXXXXXXX river, and had excellent hunting. Blacks, mallards, gadwall, enviable bags. Some days they are the only boat at the landing. Some days there is one other group of hunters.
    Damn, STFU. Duck hunting in Muhrlund sucks. Nothing to see here, move along.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"