Thread: Fuel line help

Default Fuel line help

Just switched out the gas tank in my boat and decided to switch out all the fittings, fuel lines and filters while I was at it. The old fuel lines were the black plastic type that were starting to get the "black dust" on them and it drives me crazy.

Any special type of fuel line I need to replace it with? I seem to remember a few folks on here replacing there's with a clear type fuel line? Any type of guidance is appreciated!
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

The grey Yamaha Fuel Line
    Last edited by SWAMPLIFE z71; 01-21-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Go back to the black! That grey shit is SHIT! It has a liner that will break up and cause a clog and you will end up ripping it out to find it and have to replace the whole line again anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that is of course you spend hours trying to figure out what’s wrong with the motor when there is no problem with it. And then spend another few hours cussing the jackass marketing team that swears the new grey line is made for marine applications and ethanol proof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd get the white kind but remember I'm a severe racist

I found out first hand about the gray. So I bought some of the fancy yellow looking stuff. While cutting it I noticed it had a liner. Im looking for the black stuff again!
    Low country redneck who moved north

The only way you're going to get a fuel line that doesn't go to shit eventually is to run hard line stainless steel everywhere.

Which, we both know, you're not going to do.

So, use whatever you can find and keep up with it like you would anything else. You'll be fine.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I'm assuming you do NOT have a fuel injected motor here. Phone Man gave me the pro tip and it's worked beautifully. Go to the Napa.on Broad St in Sumter and get the 5/8 black rubber bulk fuel line that's rated for a carbureted engine, they sell it by the foot. Then use vinyl herbie clamps to secure it at all the junctions. That grey stuff is junk and gets mighty brittle in the cold. You'd think "oh we're in SC" but this winter has proved that it gets balls cold even here from time to time. The Quiksilver line at McLeans, the Yamaha line, it's all the same. Go to Napa.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-21-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You probably mean 3/8 or 5/16 fuel line. 5/8 is the size of your water hose outside

:snicker:

Don't buy Wal-Mart shit either

Yep. Black and never go back. I use my people @ O'Really's, in Newberry. No E-Fuel is the key
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Go to your auto parts store and buy the 3/8 or 5/16 standard black fuel line sold by the foot.
    Doesn't get any simpler than that. Issue free

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    You probably mean 3/8 or 5/16 fuel line. 5/8 is the size of your water hose outside
    You right. Sorry MD.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Yep. Black and never go back. I use my people @ O'Really's, in Newberry. No E-Fuel is the key
    This
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Thanks!
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Go to your local parts store, as many of the others have said, and buy what you need. You can replace everything for about half of what a pre-made line cost, and have a much better quality line.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

if you've got one of these newer connections, go ahead and replace it with a no frills fitting....wanted to put mine through the exercise before camping this weekend....got a ways from the hill and bogged down/no fuel.....replaced primer bulb first, but that didn't fix it bc that crap fitting is what went bad

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    if you've got one of these newer connections, go ahead and replace it with a no frills fitting....wanted to put mine through the exercise before camping this weekend....got a ways from the hill and bogged down/no fuel.....replaced primer bulb first, but that didn't fix it bc that crap fitting is what went bad

good advice, these are known to suck air. I usually just buy a brass barbed fitting and screw in its place