Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas Trees for fish structure

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Trees rot. I use nothing but Treecoys™
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/MAD-Treecoy/1905906.uts
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    When cutting off the bank, Myrtle should be used. It works for the fish and you can't kill the bush. I have caught a lot

of fish off of other peoples myrtle bushes.

And Holly and also Crepe Myrtle are some very hard wood. I bet it lasts a long time under water.
    Just saw this. But no im talking 16-24in oaks, fall them off the bank with the trunk still halfway attached to the stump. Really irks my nerves when im on the lake and see it.

If anyone needs some Christmas trees let me know, there's 17 of em floating in the neighborhood pond I live on. Some retard didn't realize that you need to sink them so they're just floating around with the wind.

I mainly use Christmas, sweetgum and small oaks for mine. I put a coke bottle at the top, and cement block at the bottom so the top part is upright and floats. Never thought about Holly before.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Ehh to the bamboo. I want something i can find on a graph after a year and a half or two years. Ive found it can be difficult to do so with bamboo. Stick to wood.
    The reason you can't find bamboo is the hollow spaces eventually fill up with water and it sinks. My father in law cut an ass load for Keowee and I dove down on scuba gear and made the biggest structure you've could've imagined. I took fencing wire and practically built a house with cross pieces and all. I could swim through it, and within a week bass, bream and catfish moved in on it. I had several nice dives on it in the following weeks and he won a good bit of tournament money on it. After about 2 months he said he couldn't find it anymore on the graph and never felt it pulling through it with lures. So I dove on it again and everything was completely flat on the bottom. No buoyancy in anything. Brought several pieces up and they were slam full of water.

I've had good luck filling 5 gallon buckets with concrete and using all the small pine trees off our blind to make brush piles. I've also used cinder blocks with the holes filled with concrete to sink and stand piles up. I still dive down and inspect them but I've yet to have one of those fall over so far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk