Thread: marine electronics

Default marine electronics

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Raymari...jqeniramsegdoh

does anyone have any experience with raymarine electronics this here seems to be a great deal and right up my alley for the price. any thoughts on this matter?
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

Good as the rest of them in that price point.

I had a Raymarine in my old Mako 262. Unless they've gotten easier to use and more reliable, I'd stay away from them. Garmin or Simrad will be in my next boat and Lowerance is really easy to operate.

Hell, I bought a Lowerance Elite 7 off Ebay for $350 6 months ago for my jon boat.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I put a 7 Pro in my FIL's Scout 172. The boat lives at the coast the the Ray unit works well. It's intuitive enough that he will use it.

The only negative I've noticed is that it takes a few minutes to boot up and come on. Not a big deal but noticeable.

I haven't been able to use it whole lot since I put it in, but the boat is up here (Hartwell) now for maint and I'm going to play with it on the lake.

When I had my Big boat I went from raymarine to Simrad. Simrad was awesome.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

The Dragonfly is tiny. Great on kayaks and Sea Doos.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

good electronics and good prices)