Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Pit Bull Story

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    It's in every pit bull story...
    Yes, it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Any dog has the potential to snap.

However it seems as though there is a disproportionate amount of LETHAL attacks that involve those cute cuddle bugs known as pit bulls.
    my thoughts

Turbo’s beach vacation Facebook post

Quote Originally Posted by Scruggz View Post
    If your pit ever did harm a family member, would you admit you were wrong? Or could it happen to anyone who has any dog? Just curious.
    Probably not.

Any dog is capable of aggression. They're dogs. A fucking animal. With a brain. And, aggressive tendencies. All of them.

The pits are capable of more damage than your wife's lap dog, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Does anyone, besides Turbo, defend this notion? I mean people other than the ones in these horror stories?
    Nah. Just me.

You strike me as a pretty sharp dude. Care to shed some insight?
    I'm not near as sharp in person.

Ask anybody.

I put on a good show on here sometimes, though.

However, my lab is 10x as mean (read aggressive) than both of the pits I have owned. He's old and ornerny. He can't hear or see super well these days. Things surprise him. He snaps every now and again. When he was younger, he liked to assert his dominance on other dogs from time to time. I fixed that shit in a hurry. Nobody likes an aggressive dog.

This subject hits close to home because my wife had to give up a dog some years back when we lived on a surgeon's farm in Blythewood. This dog now lives with my buddy's widowed mom and is a fatass couch potato that is as much part of their family as anybody. This particular story played out like this:

We lived on this farm, in the barn, as caretakers of the place. Rent was cheap, but we worked our asses off. I'm where I am today because of that surgeon. He is family to me and I to him.

Doc was having some construction work done at his house (up the hill from the barn a couple hundred yards). My dogs were down at the barn.

One of the workers was down at the barn to "get some tools". He claimed that the pit bit him. Doc, for personal liability reasons, asked that we get rid of the pit. We got to keep the lab. Shocker.

There's a few things wrong here:

(1) Do construction workers usually use your shit to do their jobs? The answer: No. He was down at the barn to steal MY SHIT. You will never convince me otherwise. He had no business being down there.

(2) Their was never a picture of a wound/wounds or hospital bills associated with this "attack". Because it didn't fucking happen. That particular pit as well as the one I currently have were/are territorial. They would/do bark from a distance of about 10ft and do so aggressively. And, as soon as you called their name, would lick you to death. The lab, doesn't lick anybody to death if he doesn't know you. However, he would no sooner bite you than the pit. I would bet my life on it.

(3) The real problem is public perception. I've come to realize throughout my lifetime that the public is largely stupid and gobble up anything somebody tells them as gospel. So, I don't expect the perception to change anytime soon.

(4) Assuming the dog bit him, I want answers as to why he was there and what, exactly, he was doing at the time. I want proof of the attack as well. If true, I will drive to my buddy's mom's house today and euthanize that dog myself. The attack didn't happen. So, that won't happen.

Lastly, there are plenty more folks on here and in the real world that think the pit bull haters are the ridiculous ones. Are there mean ones?... Sure. Would I put up with a mean pit/lab/bird dog?... Absolutely not. I would beat it out of them or die trying. Furthermore, it would've never been a problem from the onset.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

This made me laugh out loud. Turbo, please say it ain't so. Please...
    It ain't so, friend.

I do, however, drive the shit out of the wife's old Scion TC to and from work and won't apologize for it.

30+mpg looks way cooler to me than the 14-15mpg I get out of my pickup. Plus, mud tires are loud and expensive.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Might as well lay a loaded gun in the playpen. As a child, my dad had a love for pits. Nothing good ever came from those crazy ass dogs. You couldn't give him a million dollars to own one now. When a dogs eyes can turn red, that should be your sign.

Pits are a funny breed IMO. My wife's cousin had two pits of the same age but from different parents. Both dogs raised in the same house at the same time by the same owner.
    The female, Mollie was sketchy at best and even after she came to know me I never trusted her enough to get down "face to face" with her under any circumstance. She was known to have backed a few neighbors up in corner a time or two and has killed several neighborhood cats on sight.
    The male, Boss had a completely different personality and was overall very gentle and timid. I took him to the vet onetime while the cousin was out of town and was very surprised how he reacted to other dogs. Basically very timid and stayed very close to me to avoid any interaction with the other yappers in the vet's office.

Mollie's demise came quickly soon after she chased a couple of small kids in the street and then snapped at the small grandkids in the house. Can't say that I'm sorry to see that bitch dead and gone.
    Boss on the other hand, is still in the house and doing well. He's probably about the most gentle dog I've ever known but I still don't want to get down face to face with him. The potential lethality from these dogs is just too much for me to ever trust them fully. Pits are sort of like a loaded gun, I know that the gun wont go off if I don't pull the trigger but I'm never gonna point one at my head.

Dad in the video seemed to take it better than I would. Prayers for the family
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I can't even imagine.....
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

bad breed!!!!!!!!! prayers for that family

2016 is the last year the data has been compiled but I'll share anyway.

1. 31 US deaths caused by dogs
    2. Pit bulls make up 6% of the U.S. dog population.
    3. Pit bulls contributed to 71% of the deaths caused by dogs in this year.
    4. From 2005-2016 pit bulls killed 254 Americans or one person every 17 days.
    5. Labs and their mixes contributed to 3 deaths in 2016.

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-st...ities-2016.php

turbo's lifetime statistics compiled for your pleasure:

1. Never been bitten by a dog (pit,chow,lab,shit eater, etc.)
    2. Never witnessed someone bitten by a dog (pit,chow,lab,shit eater, etc.)
    3. Owned several breeds (pit,chow,lab,bird dog, no shit eaters)
    4. From 1987-present his pit bulls have not harmed anything other than porch pillows, cats, and squirrels (all but the pillows deserved it).
    5. turbo's labs (and their mixes) have contributed to an equal number of maulings as the pits have.

*These statistics are less skewed than the dogsbite.org site's.
    Last edited by turbo; 01-16-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    2016 is the last year the data has been compiled but I'll share anyway.

1. 31 US deaths caused by dogs
    2. Pit bulls make up 6% of the U.S. dog population.
    3. Pit bulls contributed to 71% of the deaths caused by dogs in this year.
    4. From 2005-2016 pit bulls killed 254 Americans or one person every 17 days.
    5. Labs and their mixes contributed to 3 deaths in 2016.

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-st...ities-2016.php
    You dont get it. Crazy Eddie is a fucking saint.

I mean, he's alright.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    turbo's lifetime statistics compiled for your pleasure:

1. Never been bitten by a dog (pit,chow,lab,shit eater, etc.)
    2. Never witnessed someone bitten by a dog (pit,chow,lab,shit eater, etc.)
    3. Owned several breeds (pit,chow,lab,bird dog, no shit eaters)
    4. From 1987-present his pit bulls have not harmed anything other than porch pillows, cats, and squirrels (all but the pillows deserved it).
    5. turbo's labs (and their mixes) have contributed to an equal number of maulings as the pits have.

*These statistics are less skewed than the dogsbite.org site's.
    You forgot about the 90yo animal control lady punking that ass out about Hannibal the pittbull running around the yard.

The 90yo animal control lady was actually a giant black man that was as soft spoken as a 90yo lady.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Breaking News:

Crazy Eddie made it another night without mauling the baby.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Breaking News:

Crazy Eddie made it another night without mauling the baby.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...
    I never talk about how good my boat motor is running.
    DILLIGAF

When I was 5 years old I was playing in my front yard with my brother and sister. A painter was painting a house down the street and had left the gate to the owners yard open. His Bulldog escaped through the gate. It had never showed any signs of aggression, until it came into my yard and mauled me. It literally scalped me. Then it rolled me over to bite my face. I remember seeing his teeth and open mouth about to bear down and maul my face or neck, and it was only by the grace of God that the owner that had been chasing the dog tackled it off of my in the split second before it got my face. Since then Ive seen many dogs bite people. Im not saying that any dog doesnt have the capacity to harm someone, Im saying the evidence is there that certain breeds, such as the pitbull, are more prone to attack and kill humans than others, and it is ignorant to disregard and ignore that fact. Especially if ypu have children.

There is a guy down the street who owns a pitbull, and more than once, it has charged me as i have been jogging. The owner finally stopped it both times, but as God is my witness, i will not hesitate to pull my concealed carry and defend myself.
    Last edited by Scruggz; 01-17-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by Scruggz View Post

There is a guy down the street who owns a pitbull, and more than once, it has charged me as i have been jogging. The owner finally stopped it both times, but as God is my witness, i will not hesitate to pull my concealed carry and defend myself.
    If the owner has seen the dog come at you before, you need to save at least one round for him. He is more at fault than the dog at this point.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.