Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to drop some winter weight

Spores are just one molecule away from being yeast. You're bout to get a yeast infection bro

Got a question...How do you guys stay motivated? I'll get the urge to workout and I'll go for a week or two and then bail. My wife is getting tired of hearing my "Uncle Rico" stories of "When I was in the Marine Corps I could run over those mountains" I've gone from 190 to 265 in about 6 months. My Dr. keeps asking me if I'm depressed, I told him no I'm just lazy. Just can't seem to find any motivation any suggestions???

i'd try what sportin woodies is smokin.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by bnicknad View Post
    Got a question...How do you guys stay motivated? I'll get the urge to workout and I'll go for a week or two and then bail. My wife is getting tired of hearing my "Uncle Rico" stories of "When I was in the Marine Corps I could run over those mountains" I've gone from 190 to 265 in about 6 months. My Dr. keeps asking me if I'm depressed, I told him no I'm just lazy. Just can't seem to find any motivation any suggestions???

Idk how to answer that honestly. I get depressed if I don't work out for a while. It gives me something to look forward to everyday and goals throughout the year. Maybe its your workout routine that is giving you trouble? Switch it up, do something different for 30 days, pick something you absolutely suck at and work at it for 3 months, set a goal for the near future and try to achieve it.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

honestly, bnick....I think this is why some people enjoy crossfit. the motivation can come from an external source, at first. at some point, people say you will actually ENJOY working out. I, personally, have never gotten there....BUT you might try a group workout like that and see if the other attendees can give you some of the motivation you need.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Visor have u tried taking any of those pills with yella jackets and wasps on the package?

They'll really kick your metabolism up a notch or 3. Also try fasting in the mornings and "snorting cocaine" at the tail end of your fast. Warning: it can get expensive
    can you really put a price on your health?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    honestly, bnick....I think this is why some people enjoy crossfit. the motivation can come from an external source, at first. at some point, people say you will actually ENJOY working out. I, personally, have never gotten there....BUT you might try a group workout like that and see if the other attendees can give you some of the motivation you need.
    Enjoy it? I guess some do. I enjoy the benefits of eating right and working out. I HATE working out and eating right. But when has something worth having ever come from anything other than sucking it up and doing the hard crappy work it requires? I do enjoy the friendly competition and community of crossfit. But I friggin hate the work that comes with it. It's hard, is unpleasant and is torture. Which is why most people tap out after about 30 days. Being driven towards a goal requires they type of sweat equity most aren't willing to endure.

I've never tapped out of anything while on cocaine

Booger sugar helps. No doubt.

Find a group to workout with and keep you accountable.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Motivation is not most people's issue, it's the discipline to follow through each day. There are plenty of things to "motivate" you, but none of it will last more than 2 weeks. Getting to the front door of the gym is 98% of the battle, the rest will fall into place as long as you keep showing up.

I found that switching the time I work out made a big difference for my motivation. I enjoy it 10 times more at midday versus early morning. Also, try crossfit or some other kind of regimen that mixes things up daily. I doubt I could get motivated to go bang out 5 sets of bench, followed by 3 sets of nose breakers, . . . . Crossfit and similar workouts are a great mix of weights and cardio and are greatly varied.
    Carolina Counsel

thanks guys. sorry for derailing the thread here. looks like i just need to get my fat ass down to the local crossfit affiliate and see what its all about.

thanks guys. sorry for derailing the thread here. looks like i just need to get my fat ass down to the local crossfit affiliate and see what its all about.
    Ha, it is hard to get started. If you're going to do Crossfit, go ahead and set some money aside for when you get hurt. I don't know many people that Crossfit who haven't hurt themselves in some fashion.

Look up F3 and see if there's a group in your area. Free bootcamp workouts. If the local group is serious and you stick with it, you'll drop weight fast.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    Look up F3 and see if there's a group in your area. Free bootcamp workouts. If the local group is serious and you stick with it, you'll drop weight fast.
    Second this!

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Ha, it is hard to get started. If you're going to do Crossfit, go ahead and set some money aside for when you get hurt. I don't know many people that Crossfit who haven't hurt themselves in some fashion.
    There’s a difference between hurt and injured. CrossFit hurts because it’s hard. It is designed to make your body uncomfortable by stressing it. I’ve done it for 5+ years and never been injured.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't been injured, but a lot of the people I know that do it have been injured or have really bad nagging injuries (shoulder and knee pain, etc.). I'll agree Crossfit is hard and works the body like few other programs. But, you're also playing Russian roulette incorporating heavy Olympic lifts while being fatigued.

Just do cardio 3 times a week for 30 or so minutes

Only eat one meal a day with a minimal amount of carbs and do some good ole cardio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Quote Originally Posted by kayakkillshots View Post
    Just do cardio 3 times a week for 30 or so minutes

Only eat one meal a day with a minimal amount of carbs and do some good ole cardio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You’re kidding right? Starving yourself is not the answer.
    Carolina Counsel