Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to drop some winter weight

Stunk it up on 18.2 Didn't even finish the couplet.

Came down with ebola or something on Friday evening. Did 18.2 on sat am with no gas.

On the winter weight front, started 01Jan18 at 219 and 25% bf and as of today I'm sitting at 202 and roughly 18%.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Had anyone tried the little Debbie Carmel nut clusters? They are a good size and are really good
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I freebase those as a pre work out.

oreo's giving away free candy bars today

https://mondelezoreobirthdaygiveaway....com/#register

Glenn how are you cutting the weight? Just cleaning up your diet?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Glenn how are you cutting the weight? Just cleaning up your diet?
    Cutting fat at this point and maintaining lean body mass. Went full keto second week of January. No added/processed sugar at all. 25 grams or less of net carbs per day, 170 grams of protein and 120 grams of fats. Total cals around 1900/day. I'm tracking/weighing/measuring strict most days. I give myself the weekends to be "lazy keto" and have all but cut out alcohol. We will have a beer or a glass or bourbon on Saturday's but don't go crazy with it. My goal is 12-15% BF and then I'll look at recomp.
    Last edited by Glenn; 03-06-2018 at 10:21 AM.

I played wiffle ball and dominated.

Then, I drank beer and pitched quarters. Had I a decent horseshoe pit I coulda worked on the pipes a little more.

It took me about 7 hours.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Damn. Going all out on it. Have you experienced any energy crash with the keto and crossfit workouts?

I hate counting and tracking but it looks like I'm gonna have to start doing so if I ever want to drop some actual weight. IF hasn't been producing as well as I hoped.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I played wiffle ball and dominated.

Then, I drank beer and pitched quarters. Had I a decent horseshoe pit I coulda worked on the pipes a little more.

It took me about 7 hours.

Damn. Going all out on it. Have you experienced any energy crash with the keto and crossfit workouts?

I hate counting and tracking but it looks like I'm gonna have to start doing so if I ever want to drop some actual weight. IF hasn't been producing as well as I hoped.
    I did initially because I didn't do my research adequately. Electrolytes play a HUGE role. Once I got on board with that I was golden. Becoming fat adapted takes time and how long that takes varies greatly from person to person. I felt the switch about a week or so ago.

It was time I got back in the game. My wife and I had been using our busy life and the Crips as an excuse for long enough. So we took back control and it's paying off big time.

Can you elaborate on the electrolyte thing? Are you supplementing them in some way?

Also, if you've got the time, could you give an example of a normal day of eating? Any problems with hunger?

I up my carb intake to support axe work but Little Debbie orange cream cakes certainly give a boost when things start to plateau.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Can you elaborate on the electrolyte thing? Are you supplementing them in some way?

Also, if you've got the time, could you give an example of a normal day of eating? Any problems with hunger?
    Absolutely. Breakfast is usually 4-5 eggs, 1-2 oz of cheese and maybe some bacon tossed in there. Sometimes it's leftover steak/deer loin and eggs. Lunch is usually a spring mix or spinach salad with cheese, oil, vinegar and either grilled chicken (which I hate) or, again, left over steak/loin on it. I'll snack on cheese and boiled eggs if I feel hungry. Dinner is some form of meat coupled with a roasted vegetable (brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage etc.). Also we make a lot of low/no carb soups and chili. I made a pot of chili Sunday that fed 6 of us and there wan't 50 grams of carbs in the whole pot. I add sodium by drinking broth (chicken and beef bullion cubes). Potassium I get from my leafy greens and Mg from meat. If I have a day where I don't eat a lot of green stuff I'll take a potassium supplement, 400 mg.

Here is a link that explains the supplements and electrolyte issue...

https://ketogains.com/2016/08/ketoga...t-supplements/
    Last edited by Glenn; 03-06-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks for that rabbit hole of information. Now I will be worthless the rest of the day and probably trying the keto thing by the end of the week.

Welcome!

I’ve cut out all tea and soft drinks. Cut out almost all sugars. Eating smaller meals with 2-3 vegetables and eating protein snacks in between.

I was 373 on January 5 when I went in for my carpal tunnel pre-op. Didn’t feel 373 because I still climb every day and am very physical but I was disgusted to say the least. Went home and went right to work

No CrossFit here but I have been chasing my kids around the house and wrastling in the bed with them. Amazing what a 3 year old and a 19 month old will make you do when you turn on a little music and they get to dancing. I’m down to 335 this morning and I ain’t looking back.
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 03-06-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Atta boy.

Hell yea visor. That is awesome.

Thanks man. Doctor asked what my target weight was. I said 185. He laughed
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid