Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Time to drop some winter weight

That whole crew is always heavy on the volume. That's actually one of the shorter workouts.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Friday 5/25/18

2 mile trail run

Down to 204.2 this morning. Never seen weight jump around like this. I'll hit a new low then immediately shoot back up 5-6 lbs over the next 3-4 days, then it'll drop again to a lower weight.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Those fat cells don't want to get smaller. They'll dump a bunch of water then retain it then dump it again. Make sure you're getting enough sodium also.

Still sitting at 189'ish I think. I've stopped weighing daily and have gone to Monday morning only.

How tall are you? You got be getting pretty thinned out?

6 foot. 6'3" with the fro.

Sitting somewhere around 10-12% bf right now. I get this last little bit of fluff off and I'll start recomp and calorie cycling.

An update because I know you guys must be getting concerned by now..

Still doing the Ketogains 5x5, still eating keto and doing IF but have severely cut the eating times down to 22/2 window, otherwise called OMAD. Really not as hard as it sounds. Weight is down to 202 consistently. Don't think I have seen that number in 7-8 years.

Anybody else still dropping some weight?

Good job on the weightloss. A few years ago i tried to put on weight but by working out more, eating like 6 meals a day, protein drinks etc... Just made me use the bathroom more. So i took advantage of my small frame and started running/racing.

Stripa and I ran Jones Gap/Hospital Rock again this weekend. Added some pre climb/run electrolytes and Tailwind race fuel in my hydration bladder. Energy was good the entire 10 miles and knocked 30 minutes off my over all time. I've got some cramping issues I have got to get worked out before September or I'm going to be in trouble. Calves were locked up the majority of the last two miles. I think it's a combination of electrolytes and conditioning. So I'm working on that.

Are yall running the same trails that the hikers use? There are some nasty sections in there.

Yessir. It is very technical. In a lot of places you have to have legit 4 point contact with the ground.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-13-2018 at 09:00 AM.

passion
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Stripa and I ran Jones Gap/Hospital Rock again this weekend. Added some pre climb/run electrolytes and Tailwind race fuel in my hydration bladder. Energy was good the entire 10 miles and knocked 30 minutes off my over all time. I've got some cramping issues I have got to get worked out before September or I'm going to be in trouble. Calves were locked up the majority of the last two miles. I think it's a combination of electrolytes and conditioning. So I'm working on that.
    I think your cramping was a product of how "locked up" you were when that bear came hauling ass atcha
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

i told you. sphincter tightening can only be assessed by the partner

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    I think your cramping was a product of how "locked up" you were when that bear came hauling ass atcha
    Let the record reflect I did not scream.

Externally.

^ha

I was bushhoging the other day (with headphones on) and was leaning hard right to get away from the briars that were trying to rip me out of my seat. next thing you know, I am eye-to-eye with a copperheadedrattlemoccasin in a tree limb next to me.

I heard a noise that wasnt music that came from my mouth. It was a mix between a little girl scream and a dog barking.

It took my mind a second to realize that pretty black snake was not out to get me....

So you kept everything internal? Not like either one of you can get pregnant so whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Let the record reflect I did not scream.

Externally.
    I can say I didn't hear you scream but the woofing and claws tearing up bark was loud enough that it might have masked a little girl pitch.

The only time I've ever screamed like a little girl in the woods that I recall is when a blue indigo slithered onto my feet in this ground blind I'd made for myself while hunting in Texas once. It happened so fast my sub conscience had turned that big black snake into an anaconda. After I realized what it was and quit flailing and hollering, I'm sure he was more scared than I was.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Started recomp this week and upped my calories to maintenance. I'll be on a every 3rd week cycle of deficit, maintenance, surplus until I hit my goal weight. I'd like to get back to 195-200 at this body fat %. Right now I'm sitting at 12-13% BF. Oddly enough I started this week at 186.8 and after 4 days of eating more calories I weighed in at 183.6 this morning. Crazy times.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-29-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Did you add carbs back in or staying sub 25?