Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donnelley

So in two pages we've learned toofer is white privileged, wealthy, unappreciative, spoiled, a horrible father and a terrible son.

Toof, even if they were LOADED with ducks I wouldn't go after the way you've been treated on general principle and I'd probably burn the successful draw letter and video it just to up the ante.

thanks glenn
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Or take a page out of Tate's book...

2th seems to always have firecrackers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    White Privilege
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    goodness gracious, Spur, et al. I have been drawn....my kids have been drawn....we have enjoyed the experience multiple times before.... But for you to come on here and talk about who I am for even THINKING of cancelling is a bit too much.

I'm somehow less of a human for even APPLYING for a youth hunt? I'm sorry that my kids are spoiled-ass rotten when it comes to duck hunting. While I, in no way, adopt the attitude that these DNR hunts are for a SPECIFIC subset, I DO want a decent hunt to go on. Why is all this backlash on me for wanting my kids to go on a GOOD duck hunt? 4 ducks in two separate hunts with 8 hunters is hardly a duck hunt, is it not?

and arrowman called me an asshole? Geez people....
    Why do you keep twisting my comments into something I did not say? I said follow through or if you cancel at least be courteous. I made some straight forward comments, feel free to reread them and in context with the conversation. What is eating you about that?
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 01-15-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Just have the courtesy to call Patti will ya ? 16 yo old boys only care about girls ,fast stuff and killing shit . Yall mfers are losing testosterone thats why all the feelings up n here . Call patti .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Why do you keep twisting my comments into something I did not say? I said follow through or if you cancel at least be courteous. I made some straight forward comments, feel free to reread them and in context with the conversation. What is eating you about that?

Because it's what we do on SCDucks everyday!!

dude....I can read. I actually value your opinion. Maybe that's it.

You made me out to be a bad person for even CONSIDERING cancelling the shitty hunt. Heck, I talked a guy this weekend that has canceled more than once. I NEVER have. I guess i'm twice the father and person that he is?

I guess my reaction is more than usual can I cant fathom catching the type of grief that I am catching. Has anyone ever signed up for a draw hunt and not gone? I never have....

Spur, you keep mentioning those less fortunate who might want to shoot two wood ducks. This is simply your opinion but I dont think that is fact in terms of SC draw hunts. Certainly, I would CANCEL rather than no-show to allow someone else to go. if patty calls five people and they cant go, maybe they shouldn't have put THEIR names on the list if they didnt want it bad enough? I dont understand why I am catching shit for doing what I think is right in MY situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Folks who are gonna waffle shouldn't put in for draw hunts to start with. Plenty of folks would be happy to have the experience and get their kid a chance to "just shoot a wood duck". Don't care how you spin it, that's a fact and if you belly up because of a bad report then you only accomplished denying someone who would have better appreciated the opportunity. At least cancel in time so Patty can let an alternate go in your place. It's about the kids for Pete's sake.
    just curious, what do you think of the ADULTS who dont show up for DNR draw hunts when reports are this shitty? Are they lumped into this subset of bad people or only when its "for the kids."

Again, my kids are just fine in the duck hunting and "yes sir" categories.

Let's get real do they ever call an alternate?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

You asked for thoughts, opinions or such, is that not what I gave? I did not make you out to be anything. I never mentioned anyone who is less fortunate. All those comments were interjected by you or the others. I said there were probably folks behind you on the list that would appreciate the opportunity and they paid a fee for it too. That has been my consistent message from my first post. I do pray tell that it would be hell to be in your dentist chair with a toothache today though.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Let's get real do they ever call an alternate?
    Yes and the folks that run the draw hunts are some darn nice individuals.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 01-15-2018 at 01:27 PM.

If you had already made your mind up, why come on here for rationalization confirmation? What did you expect?

ugh. I guess I hate being misunderstood.

I like Patty.
    I would most certainly cancel to allow others this wonderful opportunity.
    I had not made my mind up. I was asking for reports that contradicted the ones on-line (that were POOR).
    I hunt a lot with my kids.
    I am a horrible father.

I hope that helps explain things....
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 01-15-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Hey 2th
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Heck, I talked a guy this weekend that has canceled more than once.
    Now we're getting somewhere. Was this at a travel ball event?

good gracious. you too?

I spend every weekend in the car or a duck blind with these boys. we make lots of memories. thanks for the really low blow about my deceased dad. you and spur should get a room and talk about what a horrible person and father i am.
    not a low blow at all my man, sorry it came across that way. Really. I didn't know you hunt every weekend with them. Changes my perspective. I just know the opportunity with my kids is something I cherish and as they get older I don't want to regret anything. My parents split when I was 5. My stepdad is a good man but doesn't hunt. I don't have a relationship with my biological father. My granddad taught me how to hunt and I would give anything to have one more round with him. You are a fine father, I was simply suggesting that perspective for you to think about. If you have other options to hunt, screw it, take the best option. Just support for spending time together is what I was bringing to the party.

Don't ask us. Ask the twins. That'll be your answer.

And don't embarrass them by taking that damned boykin!
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 01-15-2018 at 01:57 PM.