Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Donnelley

Best bet is to call down there on Thursday or Friday. I looked at results and there was also only 3 people hunting. Maybe they just didn't know how to hunt and shot at what flew by.
    867-5309

*note*they shot 41 times
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Folks who are gonna waffle shouldn't put in for draw hunts to start with. Plenty of folks would be happy to have the experience and get their kid a chance to "just shoot a wood duck". Don't care how you spin it, that's a fact and if you belly up because of a bad report then you only accomplished denying someone who would have better appreciated the opportunity. At least cancel in time so Patty can let an alternate go in your place. It's about the kids for Pete's sake.
    really? i dont quite get it. Is the DNR draw hunt some type of government program for those less fortunate? Are there really 100s of poor, neglected kids waiting to get drawn? Geebus, what have I been missing?????

I "waffle" BECAUSE i want to give my kids a good experience. If the opportunity to go to donnelley and "just shoot a wood duck" is considered a hunting experience, i'll gladly give up my spot.

Seriously??? Does this make me a bad person? I dont get you people sometimes....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    *note*they shot 41 times
    i saw that. Son1s response: "at least I can kill my brother's limit of wood ducks"

I am just waiting on Duckman to come in here and wreck this shit.

Once his retired old ass wakes up, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Scruggz View Post
    If your mind was already made up that youre not going then why ask for others input?
    I was thinking the same damn thing....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    really? i dont quite get it. Is the DNR draw hunt some type of government program for those less fortunate? Are there really 100s of poor, neglected kids waiting to get drawn? Geebus, what have I been missing?????

I "waffle" BECAUSE i want to give my kids a good experience. If the opportunity to go to donnelley and "just shoot a wood duck" is considered a hunting experience, i'll gladly give up my spot.

Seriously??? Does this make me a bad person? I dont get you people sometimes....
    Just shut up.......

Don't try and give your spot to me. I'm too lazy to go shoot my own wood ducks.

Wood ducks are delicious. However, if you don't already have enough of them in your freezer by now to make a Federal case, then what the hell have you been doing, and why are you on this website?

You're the type asshole that gets drawn for a gator tag and doesn't send in your $100 to actually get your tag.

Seriously, the spin? Draw hunts should be treated as the opportunity they are and not the purchase of a hunt. For that line of thought, just go find a chance to hunt a sure thing private affair for any species at whatever the SCDNR draw hunt fee is. The DNR is just trying to provide opportunities here and not waste their efforts.

If someone isn't committed to going then don't apply and get out of the way. If there is a legitimate reason for not being able to go, or even a lame one, then have the common courtesy to let Mrs. Patty know asap so she can inform an alternate they can go. They also paid a fee for the opportunity. Otherwise it's just like another one of these left lane riders I cuss on the interstate.

It's not a poor thing at all. That comment speaks plenty on it's own. Lots of folks have applied for multiple years before getting drawn on all sorts of SCDNR hunts when the reality is there were some folks who waffled, didn't show and the hunt went on with slots open. I've been on some of those hunts, even had a couple back out for lame reasons on our party on the draw deer hunts. I sure won't bother with those fellas again and they sure missed out. I bet Mrs. Patty takes note too, at least I hope she does.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 01-15-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

Toofer do what Henry would have done!!! I do enjoy a change of scenery but not sure about 16 ‘s. At sixteen I wanted to kill shit! (Still do !) ( you could probably stand on creek bank and shoot 3 summers!)
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

ha. thanks to all. I got what I expected....

i'm sorry your poor disadvantaged kid didnt get drawn. I'll surely cancel and let someone else enjoy the $50 experience.

I feel like i'm in the twilight zone. It is certainly well within my right not to go....but surely I would rather another person get an opportunity (ergo, I would call and cancel). I happen to get to spend lots of time with my kids in ducky areas so we are way past the "just enjoy the father/son time." I'll bet my kids would agree they would rather go on a GOOD duck hunt if we're gonna have to drive to the lowcountry and stay in a hotel, etc etc etc. They've been to Donnelley before.

so, I'm the only dad out there that wouldnt drive two hours with his son to shoot at a couple wood ducks? Hmmm.....
    You either HAVE too or GET too in life, you decide. You GET the opportunity to take your healthy sons on a duck hunt there this weekend. You GET uninterrupted time with them in the car. You GET an opportunity to make a memory. Wasn't it you that posted about your dad a few years ago how much it meant to you the time you had together in the woods? I recall that. I enjoyed that post. Think about if the roles were reversed. I bet you would gladly take just one more opportunity to hunt with your Old Man even if it was just to shoot a "Wood Duck."

goodness gracious, Spur, et al. I have been drawn....my kids have been drawn....we have enjoyed the experience multiple times before.... But for you to come on here and talk about who I am for even THINKING of cancelling is a bit too much.

I'm somehow less of a human for even APPLYING for a youth hunt? I'm sorry that my kids are spoiled-ass rotten when it comes to duck hunting. While I, in no way, adopt the attitude that these DNR hunts are for a SPECIFIC subset, I DO want a decent hunt to go on. Why is all this backlash on me for wanting my kids to go on a GOOD duck hunt? 4 ducks in two separate hunts with 8 hunters is hardly a duck hunt, is it not?

and arrowman called me an asshole? Geez people....

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    You either HAVE too or GET too in life, you decide. You GET the opportunity to take your healthy sons on a duck hunt there this weekend. You GET uninterrupted time with them in the car. You GET an opportunity to make a memory. Wasn't it you that posted about your dad a few years ago how much it meant to you the time you had together in the woods? I recall that. I enjoyed that post. Think about if the roles were reversed. I bet you would gladly take just one more opportunity to hunt with your Old Man even if it was just to shoot a "Wood Duck."
    good gracious. you too?

I spend every weekend in the car or a duck blind with these boys. we make lots of memories. thanks for the really low blow about my deceased dad. you and spur should get a room and talk about what a horrible person and father i am.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 01-15-2018 at 11:48 AM.

White Privilege
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

There are ducks there and stay in Beaufort not Walterboro ...
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

You are good and you are right in this instance as well. Fuck a shit duck hunt. Why settle for sunrises?

And go to Old Bull

I hear the station in Jacksonboro has got hot dogs.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson