Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JABIII check it out

Default JABIII check it out

Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

That works...

Lordy...........The memories of the Calcutta at the Clipper Ship and Joan runnin' up the bidding to piss of the fellas from NC.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknfloat2 View Post
    Lordy...........The memories of the Calcutta at the Clipper Ship and Joan runnin' up the bidding to piss of the fellas from NC.
    Not many of us left. A swizzle stick from the CS was gold...

I remember it like it was yesterday. Moved to the RainDay Inn. Jimmy and King were good people.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Im not as old as you guys but as a kid my dad use to always take us fishing outta MI and we would launch there. I remember looking at the fish board and seeing all the pictures and "spoons" up on that board. I still remember a picture of a big king mackeral and the caption said "caught trolling between the jetties using this spoon". I was just a kid when they were dumping the rocks for the jetties, so without googling it, I would say around 1976-80ish. We were SPOT fisherman so them pictures were mythical sea creatures to me.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Ahem.

Hot Damn the Rain Day Inn. Kinsey, Donna, and Deb. This trio and my right arm got me a lil' loaded on many occasions. Oh yeah, don't forget about Dale beatin' ass for shits and grins. Back in those days there were very few bars to go to. Before the Sandpiper days, we had the Rose Garden behind Capt. Alex' tackle shop if you were feeling frisky, the Side Porch beside Sunnyside was mostly locals, and Paul had built a small bar behind Nances' which was always a good early start.

Sandpiper. What was it up the road? Blue Marlin? Had an associate drown in a foot of water outside that joint...

Sunnyside is where we hung out. Bubby Vereen and his brother were good to us. Man I miss them days. Sittin on the rocking chairs @Gulfstream and watchin the people try to load boats. Saw Carroll Cambell slam a nice sporty right in the side trying to load his boat. Big hole. We had a place across the street so we hung out and drank beer in the afternoons if we weren't fishing.

The Pipe was still around when I was down there. There are a couple of nights that are still engraved in my head.. One Sunday night is in my top ten wildest nights.

Yep. Only the GM surpasses it for pure whatthefuckedness.

Unless we go to 5 points of course, which brought us to a whole other level of please let our yutes behave better than we did...

I hope I never see that area again, five points. I walked dead straight to my truck one night and took I-77 home...

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Saw Carroll Cambell slam a nice sporty right in the side trying to load his boat. Big hole.
    Watched Happy Hooker's son put several hundreds of gallons of leaded in her one day. Of course she was a diesel boat. Doubled up on that one...

Across from Sandpipers was Charlie Floyds place! Blue Marlin that I remember was on 17 business in Garden City.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I lived beside Mickey Spillane for about 3 years. Interesting fella to say the least. That was the road right across from the Beaver Bar and yuopu took a right at the creek. To the left was where Capt. Hoss used to live. One of the finest people you would ever meet, and former capt. of the Nippy Boat.

I spent time in Mick's place as a kid. What a treasure he was...

You know, Mickey used to wear that greek lookin' sailors cap all the time. This one girl I used to toss around would come over to lay out on the dock behind the house. Mickey kept the P-19 behind my place and would always be fiddlin' around with it. Well, Julia was laying in the dock naked one day and the mick got up on his boat and had a birds eye view. I was laying on the couch watching out the window and I swear he rubbed a rash on his forehead looking at that monkey. BTW, Jab, did you ever meet the girl next to Mickey. Cherokee was her nickname, said she was Indian and her drinkin' abilities reflected her heritage.

Charley wrote Achy Breaky Heart and spent the royalties on his sinuses.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknfloat2 View Post
    BTW, Jab, did you ever meet the girl next to Mickey. Cherokee was her nickname, said she was Indian and her drinkin' abilities reflected her heritage.
    I am going to need clearance on this one...